How good are thai hotels with over 200 channels of....

complete and utter krap.

Ads for herbal remedies for all sorts of ailments, dodgy kitchenware, old blokes who cant perform anymore, fat womens clothing to make them appear skinnier etc etc

Even the old Thai movies they put on are interrupted at the worst possible time with ads.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Goat said:

complete and utter krap.

Ads for herbal remedies for all sorts of ailments, dodgy kitchenware, old blokes who cant perform anymore, fat womens clothing to make them appear skinnier etc etc

Even the old Thai movies they put on are interrupted at the worst possible time with ads.

hahah the goat still watches tv.

• Agree 2

Generally the higher quality hotels with all these tv channels are quite good I've found. 

There's at least 1 or 2 channels worth watching!

Not sure if the OP question is about the TV channels or the hotels.  Like most have stated,  crapomoulie channels for English speaking guests. 

Hotels themselves can have great facilities tho.  Swimming pools, gym (Not that I ever use one on 'holiday') carparks and fantastic buffet breakfasts. 

Stayed at 'flash' hotel in Vientiane,  it had 100s of tv channels.  Thai or Chinese only.  Tried to find something in English.... Nada. Mentioned to front of house staff,  should have saved my breath. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember going on a motorbike holiday in France with English wife #1. This was about 40 years ago.  We stayed at a small hotel for the first night.  We jumped into bed, switched on the TV and were met with full-on sex scenes from Canal Plus!  That was an eye-opener when compared to BBC2....

17 hours ago, stoner said:

hahah the goat still watches tv.

I do like to watch the Thai news, quite enjoy watching old Thai movies and I use it to improve my Thai language listening skills.

No point you watching is because you wouldnt be able to understand it. 555

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Generally the higher quality hotels with all these tv channels are quite good I've found. 

There's at least 1 or 2 channels worth watching!

Not sure if the OP question is about the TV channels or the hotels.  Like most have stated,  crapomoulie channels for English speaking guests. 

Hotels themselves can have great facilities tho.  Swimming pools, gym (Not that I ever use one on 'holiday') carparks and fantastic buffet breakfasts. 

Stayed at 'flash' hotel in Vientiane,  it had 100s of tv channels.  Thai or Chinese only.  Tried to find something in English.... Nada. Mentioned to front of house staff,  should have saved my breath. 

A lot of the places I travel to in Thailand dont have higher quality hotels. I am usually there, as I was on the weekend, meeting a new friend to play with.

The TV i am talking about is the little box thing with a separate remote control to the main remote.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Dolf said:

And tissues

And I suppose a woman would also come in handy unless you want to fire yourself up and use your own handy.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Goat said:

I do like to watch the Thai news, quite enjoy watching old Thai movies and I use it to improve my Thai language listening skills.

No point you watching is because you wouldnt be able to understand it. 555

i wouldn't ? i speak thai quite well my man. quaint you tried using thai 555 to laugh. cute. 

27 minutes ago, stoner said:

i wouldn't ? i speak thai quite well my man. quaint you tried using thai 555 to laugh. cute. 

Speaking is easy.

Listening is harder. Are you claiming to be able to watch the news and comprehend it? 

Nah didnt think so.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Goat said:

Speaking is easy.

Listening is harder. Are you claiming to be able to watch the news and comprehend it? 

Nah didnt think so.

i have been listening to thai speak for 20 years now. so yes if i watch the news i have a pretty good understanding of what is being said. so there's that.  

i would say i can understand about 80 percent of what i hear. my grammar and sentence structure is garbage though.