UK visitor visa from Thailand

Looking at applying for a UK Visitor visa for my friend in Patong to visit UK in August for a few weeks, no problems at my end regard sponsorship and accommodation.
Asked 2 visa agents in 1 in Bangkok, with an office in Phuket and 1 in Patong, both insisting she need to travel to Bangkok British embassy, but i thought it was done by VFS in Phuket?
Plus Bangkok is 12 hours by bus so she will lose 3 days work.

1 agent said they will accompany her to the Embassy but visa fees not included making them very expensive, and other does include fees, and based only 15 minutes walk from her work.
I would try to do it myself but worried if i make a mistake on the forms, and she doesn't have an email address yet, think of setting 1 up solely for visa application that we can both use?
So does she have to go to Bangkok Embassy? or just use VFS in Phuket?
Thanks in advance?

See VFS in Bangkok have moved... moved https://visa.vfsglobal.com/tha/en/gbr/news/important-update-uk-visa-application-centre-in-bangkok

The Wife had to go to Bangkok to get her biometrics taken, (that was a few years ago).

Seems to suggest that it can be done in Phuket, including biometrics, but extra 3800 baht premium application centre additional fee. fee.  https://visa.vfsglobal.com/tha/en/gbr/attend-centre/phuket

Edited by UKresonant
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have contacted Thai Visa Express, and probably will use Paul. More expensive but more trustworthy. Just waiting for some details from my friend in Thailand, then will forward it off to TVE

Thank you.

• Like 1

If she really needs to go to Bangkok she could always take the first flight up and the last flight back to phuket, she doesnt have to take a bus.

amazing to hear she doesn’t have an email address - I thought everyone had one by now. 🤣

That option wasn;t available

On 3/20/2024 at 5:58 PM, andych said:
Looking at applying for a UK Visitor visa for my friend in Patong to visit UK in August for a few weeks, no problems at my end regard sponsorship and accommodation.
Asked 2 visa agents in 1 in Bangkok, with an office in Phuket and 1 in Patong, both insisting she need to travel to Bangkok British embassy, but i thought it was done by VFS in Phuket?
Plus Bangkok is 12 hours by bus so she will lose 3 days work.

1 agent said they will accompany her to the Embassy but visa fees not included making them very expensive, and other does include fees, and based only 15 minutes walk from her work.
I would try to do it myself but worried if i make a mistake on the forms, and she doesn't have an email address yet, think of setting 1 up solely for visa application that we can both use?
So does she have to go to Bangkok Embassy? or just use VFS in Phuket?
Thanks in advance?

I recommend you do it yourself. It's not a complex process and the people on here will always help. The main hurdle is the reason to return to Thailand and if I remember from your previous posts your girlfriend has a steady job. The rest is pretty straightforward and your GF will be supplying you with most of the information. Back in 2015 I knew nothing about the process and with the info needed from my wife she was given three visit visas in less than seven months. The last visa we applied for was a two year visit visa before deciding to get married and went for a settlement visa. It's worth £80ish to go to Phuket rather than the schlep to Bangkok. The option wasn't available back in 2015. The only visa company I would trust is Thai Visa Express. Most of the others will give you inaccurate info. One of our Thai friends here in the UK was banned from applying for ten years for doing something dodgy and taking the wrong advice.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/21/2024 at 9:48 AM, TTSIssues said:

If she really needs to go to Bangkok she could always take the first flight up and the last flight back to phuket, she doesnt have to take a bus.

amazing to hear she doesn’t have an email address - I thought everyone had one by now. 🤣

None of my Thai wife's family have email addresses. Young or old. I had to set one up for my step son so he could join something a while back. I can’t remember what but he was 17 at the time.