In Uniform and Out: Sereechai Sukmak

snoop1130

main-4-2.png

Sereechai Sukmak is a senior sergeant major in the tourist police force in Nakhon Ratchasima province. For Thai TikTokers, however, he is ‘Phi Serg Nicky’, who has 132,400 followers.

What makes him stand out from his colleagues is that he is openly gay, dresses as a female and attends parties as a drag queen when not on duty. His bosses have no problem with how he lives his life. Many times, Sereechai has represented his office in beauty contests or on sports days, as a cheerleader.

He says that his family supports him in every way and has no problem with him being a member of the LGBT+ community. “I became a police officer because my father wanted me to join either the army or the police. My mother is happy when I become a lady,” says Sereechai, adding that his sister is also gay, so he told his father that he would become a daughter for him, making him smile.

Caption: Photo by FB พี่ดาบนิกกี้ พี่ดาบท่องเที่ยว

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-03-21

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

What makes him stand out from his colleagues is that he is openly gay, dresses as a female and attends parties as a drag queen when not on duty.

Only in Thailand.....

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, flyingtlger said:

Only in Thailand.....

not at all, i used to work with a guy back home who was male at work but would dress up and identify as female when he went out pubbing/clubbing, to meet him in either personas you wouldn't guess about the other. interesting guy

1 hour ago, it is what it is said:

not at all, i used to work with a guy back home who was male at work but would dress up and identify as female when he went out pubbing/clubbing, to meet him in either personas you wouldn't guess about the other. interesting guy

Was that person a public figure, specifically a cop?

I know in my country, that would never happen.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/22/2024 at 1:44 AM, Artisi said:

Just another rehash, was already posted some time back - just in case you missed it. 

I thought it seemed familiar..... must be a quiet day. 

On 3/22/2024 at 2:06 AM, flyingtlger said:

Was that person a public figure, specifically a cop?

I know in my country, that would never happen.

I think one can find many examples of this happening in other countries too, but if you prefer the ways of your special home country then you are free to return any time.

• Thumbs Up 1