Waspi women & the UK State Pension

I have asked my current MP (Labour) for his personal position and his party's position, on unfreezing pensions. He replied that his office would respond. That was almost a month ago, and I've heard nothing yet. Anyone know the current Labour Party position on this ?

Repeating words from another thread, "a whinge prone, grievance and compensation culture has developed in the UK". Re. WASPI's, it's hard to believe that anybody would not have become aware of this pending change, given the 15 years prior notice.

I remember the outrage at the time with most people shrugging their shoulders and moving on . . . of course, anyone can claim they weren't told properly of the change so they must be compensated - ha ha! If these women were not aware at all, then, other than in exceptional circumstances, their 'contributory negligence' to the situation would be, Umm, about 100%

It'll be interesting to see how our lily-livered Governments proceed - for now, it'll be heads below the parapet for sure!

Explained neatly in the DT - ""It was 1995 when the Pensions Act was passed and 1950s-born women were put on notice that their state pension age would rise from 60 to 65. The timeline was set and it would not be until 15 years later in 2010 that the changes would even start to come into force. The law change was widely covered in the media when announced and millions were fully aware and made appropriate changes to their own retirement plans.""

Come on Ladies - pull the other one!

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

WASPI=Women Against State Pension Inequality....

Surely it should be WASPE as they are against state pension equality, as prior to the change women (despite living on average longer than men) were entitled to get their pension at 60, whereas men had to wait until they were 65.   The change simply made it equal.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Tony M said:

I have asked my current MP (Labour) for his personal position and his party's position, on unfreezing pensions. He replied that his office would respond. That was almost a month ago, and I've heard nothing yet. Anyone know the current Labour Party position on this ?

Yes.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.JPG

• Agree 1