Tnt - Does Anybody Here Use Them?

We regularly use FedEx, however their prices are high for some countries. TNT offered a considerably better rate, the service was supposed to be 5 days max (not including customs clearing).

The package took 15 days, they claimed the delay was for customs clearance. FedEx normally takes 3 days, a customs delay is 1-2 days at the most.

The worst part is we sent 19kgs, but the customer received only 10kgs (and are now trying to claim for the missing part).

Besides this we found their service to be quite poor in just about every other regard.

Our problem is we've quoted customers in Denmark and Ireland shipping based on the TNT rates. We can't find anywhere else that will give a similar rate.

Has anybody have experience with them? I'm wondering if it was just bad luck or whether I should just give up on them.

be wary when one company offers vastly lower prices........... you should know that!

you get 3 bids to build yr house. 2 similiar bids, 3rd one way lower, either 3rd guy very kind or up to no good.

TNT is a massive multinational; I highly doubt your house example is what is happening here.

Most likely you need to read what service you are buying. Is it courier? Is it tracked? are there performance guaranteees? Is it the type of product i.e. food, drugs that is causing unusual delays?

What discount could you negotiate with UPS/DHL/Fedex? If min quantity = 100kg per month, then you should be running around 35-40% discount.

Are yuo using 25kg box which should stack up cheaper?

Or is this because TNT will deliver to areas without surcharge vs. the rest?

Can you manage your customer expections to be up to 15 days, and they get a pleasant surprise if it is earlier?

I've done this biz model before; used a DHL/Sprint service out of Singapore which was so lame as to be like a look pet sunnee baht. never had any issues with UPS, which were much better.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice on house building, I'll keep it in mind for the future,

Steve,

Thanks for the input,

We are using TNT as a courier, the item is computer trackable, the performance guarantee does not include customs delays (so when it was delayed the simply blamed customs).

Where shipping clothing, which should be easy enough to clear.

We have a discount rate with FedEx which is very good, except they are still prohibitively expensive to some countries. We've tried DHL and UPS which were a little more expensive.

So the last one to try was TNT and they were recommended by a couple of ppl, who said they were a little slower but cheaper than FedEx.

15 days isn't too long in most cases, if the price is right. However when half the shipment disappears then it's a bit of a problem.

So I'd be really curious to hear of others experience.

Steve,

Have you ever had to claim for loss and damages with DHL or UPS? TNT is giving us every excuse to avoid taking responsibility for the lost items.

Interesting what you say about DHL, they visited us saying their service was better than any competitors.

Steve,

Have you ever had to claim for loss and damages with DHL or UPS? TNT is giving us every excuse to avoid taking responsibility for the lost items.

Interesting what you say about DHL, they visited us saying their service was better than any competitors.

Never had an issue with UPS; DHL via their sprint service managed to lose a package, or so I thought until it surfaced 6 weeks later - American customs can be quite slow.

Anyheeeow, I refused to pay the shipping bill, and held up the carrot of future business, just dragged out non payment; making a claim for anything on the inside, well that is all to do with wrapping etc; if it is clearly tampered with i could see it, that is why I always used their provided packing since it is hard to break into. They had made some claim of 15 days delivery, so I pulled them up on that; if you have no service std or customs is outside their responsibility, not much you can do at all.

My guess is customs have swiped it. Not much you can do about that.

We've used FedEx over 100x, nothings ever been lost. If we send 50kg to the US on Monday, it'll arrive by Wed 90% of the time, customs delays are very rare.

They cannot just blame customs, surely while the package is in their possession they take responsibility and check gear after customs has looked at it.

Guest madcow

I have found Fedex to be exceptional in shipping any where in the world , UPS also are very very good ,

DHL a disaster , never use them again either sending or receiving goods .

I have recently opened an account with TNT , not impressed so far .

I've used them all.Worked for one of them and they all have one thing in common.To certain destinations they will cock up from time to time and to others, they will never make a mistake.It could be for a number of reasons....too many to list.Believe it or not,it is possible to get a 65% discount on courier fees. :o

All the companies mentioned are very successful.They didn't get that way by being useless.(Although Murphy's Law does apply at times...)

If you are a regular shipper and you are having problems,then get hold of somebody senior in the company and get them to take a personal interest in your business.If you have no luck in Thailand with this,try somebody at the other end.

I have found Fedex to be exceptional in shipping any where in the world , UPS also are very very good ,

DHL a disaster , never use them again either sending or receiving goods .

I have recently opened an account with TNT , not impressed so far .

I've also found FedEx to be cheaper the UPS and DHL, their service is exceptional, never had a problem,

TNT has been a nightmare, as a last resort yesterday I really got stuck into the person handling my lost items claim. They were trying every excuse not to take responsibility and it appeared they hadn't even made read the claim letter I filed.

I had the feeling they weren't making inquiries and this may be true, because today my customer emailed to tell me the remaining items had been delivered. Apparently they'd been sitting at the office of the TNT agent.

be wary when one company offers vastly lower prices........... you should know that!

you get 3 bids to build yr house. 2 similiar bids, 3rd one way lower, either 3rd guy very kind or up to no good.

TNT is a massive multinational; I highly doubt your house example is what is happening here.

Most likely you need to read what service you are buying. Is it courier? Is it tracked? are there performance guaranteees? Is it the type of product i.e. food, drugs that is causing unusual delays?

What discount could you negotiate with UPS/DHL/Fedex? If min quantity = 100kg per month, then you should be running around 35-40% discount.

Can you manage your customer expections to be up to 15 days, and they get a pleasant surprise if it is earlier?

I've done this biz model before; used a DHL/Sprint service out of Singapore which was so lame as to be like a look pet sunnee baht. never had any issues with UPS, which were much better.

Good luck.

haha..this blizzard chap is always opening his big mouth and saying things with no substances or basis.

He seems to know all and yet he doesn't lol Always making a fool of himself.

He should have done his homework or research before dispensing his baseless comment.

All the companies mentioned are very successful.They didn't get that way by being useless.(Although Murphy's Law does apply at times...)

If you are a regular shipper and you are having problems,then get hold of somebody senior in the company and get them to take a personal interest in your business.If you have no luck in Thailand with this,try somebody at the other end.

I figure TNT weren't useless, which is why I've considered using them again. I'm trying to get hold of a manager/supervisor but they won't put me thru.

From your experience, could you pls rank the these companies from best to worst FedEx, TNT, DHL, UPS,

Thanks,

Good luck.

haha..this blizzard chap is always opening his big mouth and saying things with no substances or basis.

He should have done his homework or research before dispensing his baseless comment.

And you my friend should have read the forum rules before posting this! http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

Good luck.

And you my friend should have read the forum rules before posting this! http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

Coming to your fellow mate rescue???

This blazzard chap have been sarcasticly shooting down many people coming into TV seeking advice and I don't see you reprimanding him?

Well...I guess birds of a feather flocks together lol

BIG BEAL..!!!! I'M OUTTA HERE FOR GOOD !!!

He deserved what's coming to him.

Cannot contribute and yet baselessly critises others instead.

To TV's admin,

My sincere apologies to you guys but never to that blizzard chap.

I figure TNT weren't useless, which is why I've considered using them again. I'm trying to get hold of a manager/supervisor but they won't put me thru.

From your experience, could you pls rank the these companies from best to worst FedEx, TNT, DHL, UPS,

Thanks,

They are all much of a muchness afaik.I would take a look at their route and see how they get things to your destination.I know people who detest FEDEX,but love DHL and visa versa etc.Each to their own and what works for them.

Ask for the name of the area/sales or city manager.Get their name and then call back.Failing that,call their office at the destination end and get hold of somebody that matters.Explain the total situation.Ask them for contacts this end and also their advice etc.If that doesn't work, go directly to their HO.

Nobody in this business likes bad advertising.A quick mention of this thread (And the number of people that read TV) might just make them sit up a little.

Thanks,

They are all much of a muchness afaik.I would take a look at their route and see how they get things to your destination.I know people who detest FEDEX,but love DHL and visa versa etc.Each to their own and what works for them.

Ask for the name of the area/sales or city manager.Get their name and then call back.Failing that,call their office at the destination end and get hold of somebody that matters.Explain the total situation.Ask them for contacts this end and also their advice etc.If that doesn't work, go directly to their HO.

Nobody in this business likes bad advertising.A quick mention of this thread (And the number of people that read TV) might just make them sit up a little.

Good advice, I've onto the area manager now and will try to get deals of the overseas ppl.

Although I tend to disagree regarding that they're a much of a muchness. These been a couple of ppl complain about DHL here, but nobody's said they great. On the other hand a few ppl have said UPS and FedEx are excellent. Nobody's come to defend TNT and my experience has been really bad in everyway, not returning calls, losing faxes, not being able to track packages. Though this may be just bad luck.

The lost package turned up and was delivered to my US customer, I just rang the TNT office here and they didn't even know! It was found in a DHL

I think a key part is knowing who has the best networks for different destinations, because when the start using agents then the problems start.