Brits to boycott Spain

15 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You sure is a funny guy, your friends are lucky to have you 🫠

Absolutely, glad to be of service!

• Haha 1

'I'm boycotting Spain!' Britons say they 'will never go back' to holiday hotspot amid new rules affecting tourists"

Not being part of the EU, you're foreigners.

And seemingly misbehaved like foreign tourists in Phuket and Pattaya. People of the EU may look back now and thank Brittain for Brexit.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, blazes said:

Much ado about sweet FA.

But normal non-story from GBNews.

As long as the putative Brit boycotters don't turn up in LoS  instead.....

Most can't afford the air fares now.

So not an issue.

But Long live GB New. :thumbsup:

Edited by quake

19 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Oh no! Soon the whole world will be closed to Brits, including even Britain!

There's not even any room for Brits n Oz any more. All spaces taken by Chinese, Indians and high productivity!

It is not just closing for Brits it is for all tourists. The news outlet reporting is British news so reflects the opinion of them. No doubt other countries who report this will have similar comments from their population

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Spain's BIG gain. Pattaya's loss. The Brits in Spain , The Netherlands and many other countries in Europe are getting constant complaints Cheap Euro airfares have destroyed some places. Drinking is out of control. It's embarrassing. 

Asia is on the run for more wealthy tourists, and have all the tools they need to measure value against statistics, and hopefully see what happened to spain being flooded by cheap tourists for 60 years. 

Spain is ruined. 

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Spain's BIG gain. Pattaya's loss. The Brits in Spain , The Netherlands and many other countries in Europe are getting constant complaints Cheap Euro airfares have destroyed some places. Drinking is out of control. It's embarrassing. 

Which would you rather have as tourists in your country?  Brits, Russians or Chinese?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LALes said:

Which would you rather have as tourists in your country?  Brits, Russians or Chinese?

Russians. There seems to be a whole new upper middle class/ upper class very family centric and keep to themselves types everywhere I visit in Thailand. They spend a lot of baht too!! Go to five star resorts and there are heaps of them spending. So for sure I'd welcome them in my country. I go to Sunny Isles Florida every year before coming  to Thailand in the Winter. The amounts of Russians there is unbelievable and they seem to be mega rich and very well behaved. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, LALes said:

I thought the Russians took over all the beaches in Spain.  Is that true?

Not only russians, a few wealthy russians have established themselves included Gorbatsjov, but all kinds of European villages. 

Our family had house and land there from the middle of 80'ies,  when the first boom of settlers arriving in big numbers. 

Back then it was still nice, and the cheaper tourist flocked around occupied the more famous destinations in big numbers during the summer months when it was to hot and we went home to our cooler summers. It is not like that anymore.

Brits is not worse than others, just the numbers of them at the same time is annoying.

Russians, seems to keep low profile, behave and not do so much put of themselves, pretty much same as here.

But, some always involved innthe more shady business, as a standard world wide. They are good at the more heavy crimes.

My father neighbours was just on run after the killings in Torrevieja Alicante. They obviously run away, leaving the door open, crash the car on the way out of the garage and disappeared 

A couple who really did not do much out of themselves, kept low profile, lived among mixed settlers from all over Europe. 

19 minutes ago, LALes said:

Non, as I do now, no close neighbours at all. 

If living in a condominium, it have to be of the good old quality, well run administration for years. And i in a moban, same nationality as myself, also well run for years. 

Chineese I would rank lowest, brits and russians I rank rhe same, they are individually good and bad, just dependes on numbers. My experience.

Chineese useally arrive to a 38m2 appartment and bring the whole family, makes a mess around the swimmingpool, noisy and just annoying. 

Edited by Hummin

Idiotic story and possible move by Spain.

It's the Spanish themselves that like to keep very late hours for eating and drinking due to their siesta time shift in the day.

Go to any restaurant very late and you will find mainly Spanish patrons...bars are more of an even split.

23 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Oh no! Soon the whole world will be closed to Brits, including even Britain!

There's not even any room for Brits n Oz any more. All spaces taken by Chinese, Indians and high productivity!

"Oh no! Soon the whole world will be closed to Brits, including even Britain!"  Some parts of Britain already are. 😄

• Haha 2

Just now, NoshowJones said:

"Oh no! Soon the whole world will be closed to Brits, including even Britain!"  Some parts of Britain already are. 😄

NZ is open. Nice and cold.

• Haha 1