Court Orders Bangkok Post To Reinstate Reporter

george

As the "cracks" were invented as part of a larger justification for the coup, the reporter should have been rehired immediately when the goons stormed Government House. This stubbornness not to support dictatorship on the part of the Post is inexcusable! The editor should resign! The reporter was just doing his job of enacting an anti-Thaksin pro-coup armed takeover which his paper clearly chose to support. How can you fire a man for doing his job?

'invented'? Why are they spending millions of baht repaving the taxiways if the cracks were invented? :o

Ignore him, he is trying to be funny...

Edited by TAWP

We're all trying to keep a sense of humour. But the truth is the "cracks" that were going to swallow 747's turned out to be relatively minor problems. In any case, the "cracks" were a good excuse for a coup among other things. The reporter should be reinstated as he was just doing his job of promoting a sense of urgency to justify a right-wing overthrow. You can't fault him for that.

We're all trying to keep a sense of humour. But the truth is the "cracks" that were going to swallow 747's turned out to be relatively minor problems. In any case, the "cracks" were a good excuse for a coup among other things. The reporter should be reinstated as he was just doing his job of promoting a sense of urgency to justify a right-wing overthrow. You can't fault him for that.

Explain that to a engine pumping 100,000 lbs (45000 kg) thrust at takeoff sucking up pieces of the runway.

Explain that to a engine pumping 100,000 lbs (45000 kg) thrust at takeoff sucking up pieces of the runway.

One suspects that such mundanity does not trouble Mdeland in his quest to scale the heights of political rhetoric.

Incidentally, what has happened to Armstrong and his career?

As for Armstrong I don’t know but no doubt he is under increasing pressure to resign. I don’t know if he would get a job in the media again unless it is with a tabloid that does not care a whole lot about the truth.

Yes it is entirely possible but the fact that it was done tarnishes the reputation of the publication. If Armstrong where to depart I may consider the publication to have purged the problem and consider what they write being closer to reality. At the moment I don’t see the Bangkok Post as a reputable publication.

But that didn't happen.I also recall seeing immediately after the coup a statement by the farang head of the foreign airlines association that the problems had been grossly exaggerated.I also note that the hue and cry about the "unsafe" runway has died down now that its political purpose of denigrating Thaksin has been served.Even the ludicrous Sumet Jumsai has piped down about the need to resite cobra swamp.Meanwhile the new airport functions smoothly and safely.

Even the ludicrous Sumet Jumsai ...

Thank you for this. I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way.

all said and done the airport is state of the art and is getting better everytime i go there ......