Pickpockets theft of Norwegian-Thai couple was karma, say cops

webfact

27 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

The man did not have anything stolen from him. If you read the article you would know that.

Yes, Cops know who are lying by the way they walk into their offices, body language etc. They can dismiss many cases quickly

from their long experience doing the job.

Just now, alanrchase said:

If you read the article you would know that it was the lady reporting the theft from her bag to the police.

The lady is very careless then. When she gets on the bus the bag is behind her. She should know better.

3 hours ago, stoner said:

lazy policing ? come on richard. 

this is far more than just lazy policing. it is a state of mind. the police were lazy yes but it also gives insight into how some of these people operate. they flat out lied to be lazy that is the greater issue i see. some will come attack me saying i have no proof etc. Occam's razor comes to mind though.  them being lazy is a foregone conclusion. 

also a grown adult government official telling someone who apparently is a victim of a crime that they obviously deserved it. wowzers. 

the danger from that mentality is much greater than the incident in question if you ask me. getting into detail of this will only result in me being called a thai basher. so i will refrain. 

then you have the foreigner part of it in regards to how police feel and act towards reported incidents. nothing lazy about that but again getting into details will only result in name calling. 

You may be right about "lazy policing". But it could be just that Thai police in Bangkok couldn't give a dam about foreigners being robbed or their Thai girlfriends. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The officer added that they were fortunate not to lose their lives.

Best Police work in Asia- #1 lets see if he gets a transfer or a promotion- to be continued

• Agree 1

They went to Central World to buy wedding ring and wedding dress. OK. What I don’t understand is why then they went to ride a public red bus? With 30,000 B cash and iPhone Pro 14. And why they tried to get on crowded public red bus?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Triton said:

They went to Central World to buy wedding ring and wedding dress. OK. What I don’t understand is why then they went to ride a public red bus? With 30,000 B cash and iPhone Pro 14. And why they tried to get on crowded public red bus?

Mrs got pick pocked on one years ago in that area. She lost money, id car, drivers licence. She was going to get my PP photo

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

* Off topic comments edited out *

Edited by metisdead

10 minutes ago, Triton said:

Why not?

When I lived in Bangkok, I used the buses all the time. Often, a much better option than dealing with taxis and safer than motorbike taxis too. 

Never had any issues in over 25 years using them.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

If you read the article you would know that it was the lady reporting the theft from her bag to the police.

You have to make allowances for Dolf not being the 'full ticket'.

• Like 2

I bet is that bib  station gets part of the haul that PP team steals   its also a good chance they only target if a foreigner is involved.   

I find it very disturbing the oosts sating its rheir fault dir taking oublic transport or having a wallet 8n bsck pocket.   I do know my thai gal only wants big bags that zip shut at the top.    Add this  on the TAT website for the dangers in Thailand.  

Lets hope this case does go viral.  

I dont think it will help things.  I think the police in USA ignore petty crimes because they are busy with more urgent cases. 

Thailand does seem to be changing in regards to non tourist foreigners welcome when reading the news from overseas. 

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It never ceases to amaze me the arrogant stupidity of the people here. 

REALLY?

Just get out of your high horse, you will then understand your arrogant stupidity.

I can't think of a major city anywhere whose cops would do more than take down a report for a snatch crime or pickpocket.   Even if the victims provided CCTV footage.  In most cities I've lived in, the victim wouldn't even get to meet with a cop.  Just a clerk at the front desk or an online report.

Best case scenario is the cops will show up in plainclothes the next few days in hopes that the thieves will stay in the same place.  But it would be pretty dumb to telegraph that undercover plan.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

...are you honestly surprised that they came out with that tripe??

they wear 20 amulets around their necks for god sake!

these people live by superstition.

bob.

Unlike Christian countries where people use crucifix instead of amulets.
btw, have a good relocation and let us know how much better you like it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Unlike Christian countries where people use crucifix instead of amulets.
btw, have a good relocation and let us know how much better you like it.

...Most christian people are capable of critical thinking.

Most Thais aren't.

bob.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

So, would it be accurate to claim that the officer in Phuket was attacked by the two New Zealanders because of his "bad past life karma".. :coffee1:

And so the two New Zealanders are in a Thai prison, paying for their karma.

24 minutes ago, bob smith said:

...Most christian people are capable of critical thinking.

Most Thais aren't.

bob.

70 millions of them, so how many you have met, heard of, read about, to make up percentage which you called Most Thais aren't?

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai cop allegedly told the foreigner it was his fault, a result of bad karma in their past lives.

Can you believe this Cr@p . There's no such thing as Karma .

It's all what people Make/do   Believe .

One poster hit the al on the head, for some Thai Polie no reward means no policing and sadly any officer who siad to me karma would not be greeted with a wai, more a formal complaint .

The attitude of all of the officers involved beggars belief and this story should make the rounds internationally, to waqrn people of the incompetence and downright laziness of the RTP .   

6 hours ago, bob smith said:

This is one of the reasons why I am leaving this god forsaken place.

I have just checked the date and it is not April 1st yet.

This country is an absolute joke!

Anyone with even an ounce of self respect would struggle to take this place seriously.

bob.

OK then, don't make empty promises:clap2:

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, bob smith said:

Anyone with even an ounce of self respect would struggle to take this place seriously.

bob.

Maybe it is your Karma.. 100 years ago they threw you out of Thailand. This time you will leave willingly.

bob.

Maybe it is your Karma.. 100 years ago they threw you out of Thailand. This time you will leave willingly.

4 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Worked and lived opposite Pantip and saw pretty nasty accidents. Avoid at any cost

yeah, i got pickpocketed near there on that side of the street many years ago. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

They then turned to the Immigration Bureau, where an officer suggested that they let it go. This officer told the couple that as this theft might be the result of their karma in their past lives, 100 years ago

bob.

Perhaps this is Bobs Karma also. 100 years ago They threw him out of Thailand. this time around he is ready to run out of the country willingly. 

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Dolf said:

I agree. Most Thais have a shoulder bag. Keep it out front. Or a daypack out front.

Ladyboys are known thieves. 

Ladyboys are the scum of the earth. Nobody except sickos think ladyboys are mentally normal.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Another bloke in a frock stealing. 

Wonder why you never say "Another straight guy stealing" when a thief is a straight dude? Now, I wonder? Could it be the old classic, if one person in the out-group does something bad, then they should all be tarred with the same brush?