Pickpockets theft of Norwegian-Thai couple was karma, say cops

webfact

1 minute ago, PremiumLane said:

Wonder why you never say "Another straight guy stealing" when a thief is a straight dude? Now, I wonder? Could it be the old classic, if one person in the out-group does something bad, then they should all be tarred with the same brush? 

Maybe 'coz blokes in frocks commit a theft like this one, more often and use the frock as a disguise tits n all.

• Agree 1

Perhaps they should have said they were only reporting the crime in the interest of preserving the integrity of the Kingdom.

Seems "in vogue" at present.

• Haha 1

This would be different if the gf came from money. BiB tends to be less lazy if the victim's family knew their superior or knew someone the superiors don't want to disappoint.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I thought you’d decided to ‘integrate’, join a hi-so gym, become more Thai, stop drinking etc ???? 

Anyway, this is a perfect example of a the lazy Policing we see here…  

The BiB all need a ‘push’ to do their job & now social media will do that.

Hopefully now the BiB have been nudged into doing their job.

This principle clearly applies in the red bull case 

On 3/27/2024 at 11:11 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

They were clearly smart people, they avoided taxi scammers who might overcharge them by 100B. Smart! 

I cant imagine how you came to that conclusion, without any hesitation. Do you personally know them and heard their story? If not, I think you are the smartest to make this comment.

When in a foreign country, it is nice to travel by public transport, walk, cycle, visit markets etc and mingle with the locals - just to get the 'feel' of that country.

Unfortunately, what most foreigners do is to mingle with bar flies and condemn the entire country once they are drained dry.

• Confused 1

On 3/27/2024 at 1:12 PM, bendejo said:

Ok, karma.  Or maybe "It was God's will."  You can get a lot of mileage out of that one.

Or as the US Protestants like to say "thoughts and prayers."

Or as all RCs like to say "I'll light a candle."

On 3/27/2024 at 10:34 AM, webfact said:

The Saimai Survive founder, Ekkaphop Lueangprasert, promised to assist the couple and coordinate with the superintendent of Lumpini Police Station.

Couldn't people just report thefts , assaults etc. to him , save wasting time with the Keystone cops.

3 hours ago, ravip said:

When in a foreign country, it is nice to travel by public transport, walk, cycle, visit markets etc and mingle with the locals - just to get the 'feel' of that country.

Unfortunately, what most foreigners do is to mingle with bar flies and condemn the entire country once they are drained dry.

When I was young, I learned, probably from my parents, that there are pickpockets in this world. And those bad guys like crowded areas and people who are not careful and probably have money. I am sure most of us learned that.

But sometimes we are in crowded areas, and then it's best to have as little money and valuables as necessary. I am sure you also heard that one before.

So if tourists come out of an expensive shopping mall, with lots of cash, and then go into the most crowded place available, what can possibly go wrong?

And about the bars: They are also part of Thailand. On my first holiday in Thailand one of those bar girls helped me to get familiar with Thailand including public transport, visiting markets, etc. She also told me when to be careful. And she made me aware of all the people who like to scam me. I learned much more from her days compared to what I learned myself alone, reading books, etc. 

A few yrs in central london a similar scam with asians/They said thais  but asian looking anyway,pickpocket team at busy central london.Made the papers as well  with photos from CCTV. So it happens everywhere

A few yrs in central london a similar scam with asians/They said thais  but asian looking anyway,pickpocket team at busy central london.Made the papers as well  with photos from CCTV. So it happens everywhere