6 month multiple entry tourist visa options

Hi.  I'm currently on 6 month multiple entry visa (from the UK).  I go back to the UK at the start of August and then plan to return to Thailand mid October for another extended trip.  My current 6 month visa seems to be fine as I'm travelling about other parts of SEA.  I would like to apply for another 6 month multiple entry for the return in October.  Are back to back 6 month multiple entry visas allowed?  Thanks Andrew

In September or October you're going to apply for another METV, when was your first one issued?

You shouldn't have any problem getting a second one, but I wouldn't be 100% sure, it depends on your embassy. After all you're asking for the same visa just after few months. Have a plan B, just in case.

are you aware of the 2024 new income tax rules?  will your total number of days within Thailand exceed 180 days making you a tax resident?  Only asking to be sure that you are aware of these new rules.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Presnock said:

are you aware of the 2024 new income tax rules?  will your total number of days within Thailand exceed 180 days making you a tax resident?  Only asking to be sure that you are aware of these new rules.

Unless you think that he'll be stopped leaving, why bother? If he's truly a tourist just ignore them IF they actually get approved into law.

26 minutes ago, VBF said:

Unless you think that he'll be stopped leaving, why bother? If he's truly a tourist just ignore them IF they actually get approved into law.

Every day, Thai immigration officers at international airports and certain land borders help hundreds of foreign tourists discover that they are not "truly" a Tourist and probably haven't been for years already.

The tax law was already approved decades ago. It's being applied now.

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Every day, Thai immigration officers at international airports and certain land borders help hundreds of foreign tourists discover that they are not "truly" a Tourist and probably haven't been for years already.

Not so....see @Lite Beer post above

On 3/27/2024 at 7:30 AM, qwab32 said:

Hi.  I'm currently on 6 month multiple entry visa (from the UK).  I go back to the UK at the start of August and then plan to return to Thailand mid October for another extended trip.  My current 6 month visa seems to be fine as I'm travelling about other parts of SEA.  I would like to apply for another 6 month multiple entry for the return in October.  Are back to back 6 month multiple entry visas allowed?  Thanks Andrew

A good friend of mine works 3 weeks on (offshore UK), 3 weeks off. He travels to Thailand from UK every 3 weeks for around 17 days on a METV. Applies to UK Embassy within days of current METV expiring. Has been doing this for last three years and never an issue when applying (in fact, he said that the process has now got significantly easier with less documentation needing to be submitted). 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 3:09 PM, pub2022 said:

In September or October you're going to apply for another METV, when was your first one issued?

You shouldn't have any problem getting a second one, but I wouldn't be 100% sure, it depends on your embassy. After all you're asking for the same visa just after few months. Have a plan B, just in case.

20 hours ago, Lite Beer said:
23 hours ago, NanLaew said:

No body knows for sure about the details until next year.

Best to wait and see.

The law is in place and active.

How it will be implemented is the 'wait and see' bit.