Long Overstay, Best Options?

I'm looking for some advice for my neighbour.

She has been living here for several years on non imm-O retirement extensions, up till about 10 months ago when her last extension expired, and she did not renew because she could not show the 800,000 Baht, due to a legal problem getting the money (a substantial inheritance) over from Germany, so she has been on overstay ever since.

She was advised (not by me!) to just overstay and pay the 20,000 when the money comes through.

The money is now on it's way, but she thinks she can just go to Korat immigration and just pay the fine and that's it. I suspect it's not so easy!

Presumably she will have to exit the country the same day she pays the fine, then come back in on another non imm-O Visa. She would prefer to go to Vientiane via Nong Khai but I've heard it said that it's not a good idea to exit via a land border on overstay, is this true?

If she has to fly out, what are the best options to get a three month non imm-O, she would prefer not to have to go back to Germany.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Exit by air and hope they will issue her a new visa in Malaysia or Singapore. She will not be able to obtain a new retirement extension of stay without the funds being in her account for three months I suspect.

Exit by air and hope they will issue her a new visa in Malaysia or Singapore. She will not be able to obtain a new retirement extension of stay without the funds being in her account for three months I suspect.

Thanks Loburi3. I have passed on your advice.