Canadian man arrested in Buriram for 2,955 days overstay

webfact

They should award him a prize, that's an impressive amount of overstay. Back in the day you only had to pay a 20,000 bath fine, leave the country and come back, then you could overstay another 10 years.

Edited by Jake72

12 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Nice run Monsieur, too bad you got caught because those Canadienne winters are really going to hurt after that long in the tropics.

I suppose he'll try Cambodge next, if they'll let him in with his 10-year ban from Thailand.

No reason why Cambodia won't let him in.

I know several people that live there that cannot come back to Thailand, for crimes much more serious than overstay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's an impressive overstay LOL. He ain't going like the Canadian winters after 8 years in Issan. He also, won't like the Canadian cost of living and Trudeau's increased taxes. As another poster alluded too, he'll likely be back in Vietnam, Cambodia or Phillipines before too long.

8 hours ago, Almer said:

I am thinking some do it due to no other option, eg you miss your 90 day for what  ever reason, then you can't do your annual extension etc etc etc 

BS excuse. I have missed my 90-day report multiple times during COVID. 

• Agree 1

8 yrs overstay equates to 15, 200  baht in extension of stay fees via the immigration office or approx 120,000 baht if via an agent. (Although there are cheaper agents out there) 

Quite a saving. 

The guy probably doesn't have 2 cents to rub together so who knows how he will pay any fine and who pays his deportation costs? 

Must have pissed someone off to get caught, never the less it was a good innings. 

Sounds like this Canadian man went wayward a long time ago with his relationship to alcohol and his inability to handle probable alcoholism disease.

Maintaining his visa status went out the window, then the longer someone delays, they know they are facing a decade ban, so keep putting your head under the pillow and hoping it will all go away. 

What will life be like for this man now in Canada? Doubt it will be a happy ending.

• Sad 1

On 3/29/2024 at 4:58 AM, brianthainess said:

I wonder how he funded his 8 yr stay? 

Why, just coz he's an overstayer does not mean he has not money.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/29/2024 at 2:01 PM, hotchilli said:

If you want to over stay, keep your head down and mouth shut...

And best to stay single and unattached so nobody knows your business.

• Agree 1