Canadian man arrested in Buriram for 2,955 days overstay

webfact

44d514cc919abd07fc4da072545dfed2ff40f98d59d144f258353489b0afbb62.jpg

Buriram immigration apprehended Mr. Christian Veilleux, a Canadian national, for overstaying his visa by 2,955 days and engaging in disruptive behavior, prompting swift deportation.

a4d8f9a52c02f027081ce0ecaf895a266b6901f8ec018a84b45c2d4c9043ead8.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Under the command of Colonel Piyaa Nanant, Chief of Buriram Provincial Police Region 4, and Lieutenant Colonel Preecha Jiasakun, Deputy Chief of Region 4 Police, Lieutenant Pitsutt Suwannaphasit, Chief of Buriram Immigration Police, ordered an investigation.

The joint task force, including officers from Pa Kam Police Station, Region 4 Immigration Bureau, and Immigration Division 2, arrested Mr. Veilleux, reported Siam Rath.

16c1ab9e4a1432e8ffce3970c691ee1c5b3b7fb04cece4de9b072f329bbe3e15.jpg

The arrest follows a nationwide crackdown on foreign nationals violating local laws, in line with the policies of General Itthipol Itthisarnchai, Commissioner of Immigration Police, and Colonel Phanumas Boonyalak, Deputy Commissioner.

707ef210cfe615bfa1b5b6bcc05e29394ffe92966a077f813265398bc67b972b.jpg

Veilleux, accused of alcohol-fueled altercations, faces deportation and a 10-year entry ban. He entered Thailand on January 26, 2016, through Padang Besar checkpoint in Songkhla Province, without extending his visa.

-- ASEAN NOW 2024-03-29

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email marketing[at]aseannow.com for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nice run Monsieur, too bad you got caught because those Canadienne winters are really going to hurt after that long in the tropics.

I suppose he'll try Cambodge next, if they'll let him in with his 10-year ban from Thailand.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

I'm guessing his 'disruptive' behavior is what got him caught. I wonder what he did to gain the unwanted attention?

Translation from Siam Rath article:
"MR.CHRISTIAN VEILLEUX likes to drink alcohol, act violently. He regularly quarrels and hits the woman he lives with. There has been physical harm to each other."

41 year old loser. With a 10 year ban from Thailand there's still time to try and get his act together back home. But I doubt he will.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

"Tabernacle" would be more appropriate, as it is French Canadian.

The French part explains most of the behavior I guess lol. There is a lot French here that seem to live on a shoe string, I sometimes also wonder how many of them are X years on overstay already.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

I'm guessing his 'disruptive' behavior is what got him caught. I wonder what he did to gain the unwanted attention?

You could try reading the full story. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ningnong said:

Translation from Siam Rath article:
"MR.CHRISTIAN VEILLEUX likes to drink alcohol, act violently. He regularly quarrels and hits the woman he lives with. There has been physical harm to each other."

41 year old loser. With a 10 year ban from Thailand there's still time to try and get his act together back home. But I doubt he will.

So CHRISTIAN not so very Christian.

You can tell from the blurred pic the dude has an alcohol issue, but how exactly was he funding his stay if he's been here 8 years and is 41 unless he got in early on BTC.

Anyways sure he will somehow find his way back to Vietnam, Cambodia, PH etc. 

4 hours ago, JGon said:

So around 8 years... 😵‍💫

I am thinking some do it due to no other option, eg you miss your 90 day for what  ever reason, then you can't do your annual extension etc etc etc 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

could be something very petty, Ive found local villagers like to complain about almost everything they perceive ive done, from planting a  bush on a  bend saying its dangerous to stop people driving into my  wall ( twice) when the whole road is  overgrown to the point its almost single  track to cutting down of  trees  "illegally" and the forestry dept  coming out and finding  nothing except wasting their time + a  few other nonsense things.

Low intelligence. 

There are more and more overstayers IMHO this days than say 10-15 years ago: draconian visa regulations, 500thb/day fines and long bans leave no option than just say "sc*ew it all, I'll stay over!" 
Plus corruption of course. 

8 years? How about one huge brit who came to LOS in 2005? and in 2016 his son arrived works as a teacher in BKK? Not  a single complain though

3 hours ago, stoner said:

finally a canadian stepping up and doing some bad here in thailand.

Yes, I thought Canadians were like the north American version of Kiwis: quiet, sweet, law-abiding.

• Haha 1