Hot weather forecast across Thailand today

webfact

image.png

April is usually the hottest month of the year in Thailand, with the whole country experiencing high to very high temperatures. Today is no exception, with highs forecast to reach 42oC in some northern and central provinces, according to the Meteorological Department’s weather forecast.

Low pressure, which is covering the northern and north-eastern regions of the country, is the cause of the hot weather, including in and around Bangkok, with hazy skies during the day.

The Weatherman warns, however, of possible summer storms in north-eastern, eastern and southern-central provinces due to the southerly and south-easterly winds. Isolated thunder storms are forecast in the south and over the Andaman Sea.

In the southern-central region, which includes Bangkok, maximum temperatures today are forecast to be between 38oC and 42oC, with minimum temperatures ranging from 24oC- 27oC. In the north, the heat is expected to rise to 42oC in some areas while, in north-eastern and eastern provinces, maximum temperature is forecast to be 40oC.

The east coast of the southern region will be hot during the day, with a maximum temperature of 38oC, but there is a 30% chance of rain.

Maximum temperatures recorded yesterday were 41oC in Muang district of Lampang, 40.5oC in Muang district of Suphan Buri and 40oC in the Khlong Luang district of Pathum Thani province.

Source: Thai PBS 2024-04-01

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Toughing it out till mid-day then the air is going on......20 minutes to go.

Toughing it  3pm then a cold one is coming out of the fridge.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Toughing it  3pm then a cold one is coming out of the fridge.

Absolutely love day time drinking....but never do it....it kills me for days after.

• Like 1

OK here on Samui. 36 C in the shade with 66% humidity.

I put a digital thermometer out in the sun for an hour - the screen went black!

As it cooled down and I could read the numbers - 56 C

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Absolutely love day time drinking....but never do it....it kills me for days after.

I've never done it, but I am making exceptions lately. Like everyday.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

At the moment here out the sun in the shadow 44.7º C

I have to mention, the location is east from Kaeng Krachan, in case anyone should think it is Phuket.