Phuket police arrest Italian man for drink driving

webfact

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Claudio Tomaselli, was arrested by Patong Police at around 4am yesterday, March 31. He was detained near Loma Circle, at the northern end of Patong Beach, after a breathalyser test found him to be twice the legal alcohol limit.

DUI still seems to be a major problem in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Darksidedude said:

gone are the days when you could break the rules get drunk and don't worry about it, if i have so much as 1 beer i don't touch anything motorized just not worth the hassle anymore

Don't be fooled, in the past 4 weeks I see these reports only from Phuket/Patong, and every time it is 1 falang, you read it right, 1 falang, it is what Richard mentions, maybe they did not want to pay the bribe.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Meanwhile around the rest of Thailand approximately 40 Thais were killed yesterday in road accidents, of which probably 50% could be attributed to drunk driving. 

Say no more.....

Yes, they paid the ultimate fine...........:sad:

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Maybe the only driver on the street at that time which drew attention to him? 

Correct, at 4am, it is worth a pull by any cop who himself is out to catch drunks going home at a ridiculous time..............😁

• Agree 1

The blood alcohol limit in Thailand for driving is 0.05.  Canada, US, and the UK are 0.08. Two or 3 beers can get you to 0.05.

Edited by swerve

2 minutes ago, swerve said:

The blood alcohol limit in Thailand for driving is 0.05.  Canada, US, and the UK are 0.08. Two beers can get you to 0.05.

Only if you have had your DL for five years, else its 0.02

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Don't be fooled, in the past 4 weeks I see these reports only from Phuket/Patong, and every time it is 1 falang, you read it right, 1 falang, it is what Richard mentions, maybe they did not want to pay the bribe.

i have had a few mates in patts busted no bribes accepted, straight to the lock up until court hearing then 20 k Bhat fine 

• Sad 1