Help! I can't operate my Canton remote control anymore!

Furioso

I have a Canton Musicbox M Bluetooth speaker. The remote eats batteries like crazy, I've got to replace it. Yes, there is a remote duplicate sold in Europe. However, I'm wondering if there's a universal remote that I can buy online Thailand that might do the job. 

canton-musicbox-m-docking-stations-23968.jpg

There are thousands of remotes on Lazada however trying to find one that duplicates the functions or is on the same frequency will be the challenge. 

As you said replacement is available from Europe (Czech Republic?) and postage can be more than cost of item.  But this may be the safest option to ensure you get a remote that works. 

15 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

There are thousands of remotes on Lazada however trying to find one that duplicates the functions or is on the same frequency will be the challenge. 

As you said replacement is available from Europe (Czech Republic?) and postage can be more than cost of item.  But this may be the safest option to ensure you get a remote that works. 

Thanks, I think you're right to get the real deal from Europe. The duplicate's are guaranteed for 10 years. 

Funny thing is I have 2 of these damn boxes so it does hurt the wallet a bit. 

54 minutes ago, Furioso said:

Thanks, I think you're right to get the real deal from Europe. The duplicate's are guaranteed for 10 years. 

Funny thing is I have 2 of these damn boxes so it does hurt the wallet a bit. 

Have you tried Britmans idea... Could save you heaps of Euro and batteries. 

I don't know if it will help the OP, but if I needed anything in the audio genre in Bangkok, I'd start at the Ban Mo electronics market near the Sam Yot MRT. 

Walk out the east side of Old Siam Plaza, cross the street at the red painted, signal controlled crosswalk, walk 50 yards down the market alley, then hook a left into the bowels of the multi-floor market for all things electronic.  I can spend hours just scrounging in the hundreds (thousands?) of electronic and maker kiosks.  In fact, I did last week.  I was afraid Covid may have decimated the place, but it's still great.  Found exactly what I was looking for by brand and model (though it wasn't a remote control).  Bring your old one...

2 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Have you tried Britmans idea... Could save you heaps of Euro and batteries. 

It's at least a work around. I normally like to use a separate remote. I've got a German friend coming to visit next month I don't think he'll mind bringing a couple of the cheaper knock off remotes, they cost approx 15-20 Euro's. The remote from Canton cost over 50 Euro's those bastairds!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...