Krungsri bank account?

Account what have not used for few years, is it still needed to go same bank office where you have open a account? To get new bankcard and internet banking accesories?

Have money in bank account what have opened in Udon and dont want to go there if all can haddle elsewhere! Thanks guys if some can aswear!

Depends, you can try at Krungsri branch where you are.

Do you have your bank book and the passport details registered with the account?

They could have been taking maintenance fees? If more than one year it could be dormant.

Internet banking, when the account is activated can ask the staff to help you install app on your phone and set up Internet banking or you can do yourself.

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

Account what have not used for few years, is it still needed to go same bank office where you have open a account? To get new bankcard and internet banking accesories?

Have money in bank account what have opened in Udon and dont want to go there if all can haddle elsewhere! Thanks guys if some can aswear!

1572 can answer your questions, 24/7.  You'll need to speak to them anyway to check if the account has been closed due to being dormant if unused for some years.  If it has you'll have to go through the BoT process to recover any funds that may have been in the account.   New ATM card can be issued at any branch.

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

1572 can answer your questions, 24/7.  You'll need to speak to them anyway to check if the account has been closed due to being dormant if unused for some years.  If it has you'll have to go through the BoT process to recover any funds that may have been in the account.   New ATM card can be issued at any branch.

Thank you i look what can do. 

3 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Krungsri froze my account after I was stuck in the U.K. for 15 months, after 2 years they said they would closed it if there was no activity on the account.

and keep the money?

Do you have another Thailand bank account you can transfer some money to show activity? I assume that requires a Thailand phone number to pass the OTP number to. That complicates things for sure. 

12 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

First, they charge a maintenance fee. When the balance drops to zero, they close the account.

I was stuck in the U.K. for 15 months during covid, I assumed there was only a few baht in the account, I didn’t have a Debit Card for the account at the time.

I tried to transfer money to the account but it had been frozen, I went to the branch and unfroze it and found out I had ฿5000 in the account !

• Thumbs Up 1

If you have more than 2000 baht in the account, they won’t charge a “dormancy” fee, but your nearly ATM charge could put it below that and then it’s fair game. 

If you leave 5000 baht in the account and remember to do some kind of transaction every six months or so, you have no chance of losing the account. And given how hard they are to open these days, that’s a good thing.