Illegal Russian Tour Guide Arrested in Thalang

webfact

54 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Another stupid Russian feeling entitled to do work restricted to Thais or without work permit. Deportation needed.

I'd cut him some slack.  Not all peaceniks are independently wealthy.  Some of them have to work to afford living overseas, away from the meat grinder.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I'd cut him some slack.  Not all peaceniks are independently wealthy.  Some of them have to work to afford living overseas, away from the meat grinder.

Sure, I understand that moving to or living in a foreign country is not an affordable situation for everyone. That, however, does not give people right to break labor laws in the foreign country they choose to reside in. Like everyone else, he will have to find a work where he can apply for a work permit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, swerve said:

Not surprised by this news. There are a lot of Russians working in Phuket illegally.  

They only need to go onto the FB groups, loads everybody want to be an agents, Bikes, Cars, Condo's and Villas loads at it, 

• Thumbs Up 1

Are they not aware of recent arrests? do they not communicate with each other about this, surely some must be able to read English. I would say Send 'em all back but at least while here they are not murdering/raping Ukrainians. give them the max prison sentence. Let the government pay for it, they made the problem by supporting a war criminal, so suck it up. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Just waiting for the crackdown in Pattaya, Russians running stalls in the Russian Market Pratumnak, tour booths staffed by Russians everywhere around town, walking street has "hello" guys and girls outside holding up boards promoting clubs.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

Putin ?

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, swerve said:

Not surprised by this news. There are a lot of Russians working in Phuket illegally.  

As long as they're not hurting anyone, I'd rather have them in Thailand than shooting at Ukrainians.

My sympathy for their plight extends to victimless crimes like overstay and WP violations.  But if they're actually victimizing anyone, send them to the front.

Edited by impulse