Government Aims for Tourism Supremacy

webfact

40 minutes ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin has announced Thailand's ambitious goal to become a regional tourism hub, with plans to impress tourists from their arrival and throughout their stay.

welcome to thailand. here is your free mask. you are required to wear it throughout your fantastic stay in the nation. 

sawatdee kap !!

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

That's 'up to' 150 million visitors, which if I recall correctly, would be almost 4 times the present maximum achieved. 

Just imagine the chaos at Airports and in Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok. And the effect on pollution levels in BKK and CM.

It's good to have ambition but this is OTT and no more than a dream . . .

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

Just imagine the chaos at Airports and in Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok. And the effect on pollution levels in BKK and CM.

Couldn't get into Pattaya last night and it's supposed to be low season before the elevated numbers!

• Agree 2

Weren't they moving away from tourism and focussing on industry?  That seemed to be what a lot of people were saying, that Thailand doesn't actually need tourism.  Perhaps they spoke a little too soon...

I suppose the appeal of a more passive income is too much to resist.  Can't say I blame them, but it would be nice if people were a little more honest about it.

• Like 1

With the current economy being very sluggish, and the government's inability to do anything to remedy that situation, it seems as if they're becoming more and more dependent on tourism, as much as they hate to admit it. However one tends to sense a pretty high level of desperation these days. 

Since Thailand is already the center of the universe, there's really no need to make it any sort of hub. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Detailing the vision to make Thailand an Aviation Hub capable of hosting up to 150 million travelers by 2030, Tourism and Sports Minister Sudawan Wangsuphakijkosol said the initiative is expected to introduce a new dimension to tourism.

From quality back to quantity again... 

Not sure of the girls can keep up with those figures, they might have to get the Aunty's to open up somewhere to help-out.

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Weren't they moving away from tourism and focussing on industry?  That seemed to be what a lot of people were saying, that Thailand doesn't actually need tourism.  Perhaps they spoke a little too soon...

I suppose the appeal of a more passive income is too much to resist.  Can't say I blame them, but it would be nice if people were a little more honest about it.

SME's are going bankrupt because the middle class has been demoted to being broke and can no longer splash out on stuff like they used to.

Tourism is all Thailand has to offer.. or should I say their young ladies.

• Thumbs Up 1

At School they teach the Kids that Thailand is 'The Greatest Nation On Earth'.    If this were truly the case then surely it would be completely self sufficient and wouldn't need Tourists !    Lol.