Do immigration police make it up as the go along.....

13 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Do you have the passport translation and MFA legalization you used for your marriage certificate?

Yellow book took 20 minutes, no charge, issue pink ID also took 20 minutes, 60 baht.

Doing that end of June...cheers

Some 15 years ago my wife and I went to the local Amphur for a yellow book. Asked the man what was required and given a short list of, Passport translation to Thai and photo copy of marriage license. He explained where the translation and copy shop was. Returned to the Amphur office about an hour later. 'Come back about 3 o'clock he said. 3 o'clock we were presented with the Yellow book and told we could get the Pink ID card from the office across the hall. All done and dusted and on our way home by 4pm and only 560Baht lighter. 

I have been reading here all the cock and bull some have to go through for a little yellow book and Pink card. Why Oh why, do the Thai people have to make such a big deal out of a very simple exercise!

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

After obtaining my first Thai drivers license 22 years ago and renewing it 4 times since I've now been informed that I need a certificate of residence. I still have the same address. I've never had a certificate of residence before, that's why I'm rather bewildered.

TIT is the only answer ...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Will B Good said:

If I catch her in a good mood....and I'm feeling brave.....I'll point that out.

The best of luck to you, sir...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Best to visit the local office that issues house books & asking what they require for issuing a yellow book.

It's a different list at each amphoe, and may or may not need a bribe...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, transam said:

Perhaps she doesn't know you cannot go in the blue book, you get a yellow farangy book, when you've got that you can get the pink ID card..........:clap2:

When done some things get easier.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cheers...wife has been to the Amphur....we need my passport validating in BKK, then it has have an MFA translation......I really am not fussed about doing this.....not sure why she has a bee in her bonnet about it.

It's handy, when you actually have it, IMO if it's worthwhile getting or not depends on the hoops put in front of you by the amphoe in which you live. And you can only get it from the one where you live...

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

After living in Thailand for the past 22 years I've come to the conclusion that Thai governments don't want farangs who reside here. They prefer the farangs who go to Thailand on their annual leave and spend money big time over a 4-6 weeks period. Little do these cretins understand that we are mainly retirees who share our life time savings with the Thai lady that we marry. Most of us have taken our ladies out of poverty. I'm even helping my wifes 40yo kids who work hard for low salaries. So why make things harder for us farangs when we actually help Thai people who weren't fortunate to come from wealthy families.

Because the governments here don't want their peasent class pulled out of poverty and given "ideas"...

Thats why the government education is so bad.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Think I"ll stick with the yellow book....if I end up doing anything.

The yellow book is the hard part, The pink card is easy...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Three hour round trip........had to go to Chaiyaphum to request a Certificate of Residence.

IO: Sorry that"s not something we do.....????

Wife: Well we"ve had three before, all from this office

IO: Why do you want one?

Wife: I want to put my husband"s name in my blue book

IO: Why?

Wife: So he can get a pink card.

IO: Leans over and gets the form to request a certificate of residence....????.....Fill that in.

Handed it in to the IO.....wrong form. You need this one instead.

Fill that one in.

He checks everything and goes off somewhere.

IO: There's a problem. Your name is not in your tabian baan.....???

Wife: Yes it is.....that"s my name.

IO: There"s another problem. You had a different address four years ago.....???

Wife: Yes, we moved to our new address four years ago and we have completed a TM30 four times.

Two hours later........two ******* hours....... we get the certificate.....only valid for four weeks......no use whatsoever to us.

I am sick of this.

Nothing surprises me in Thailand, make it as difficult as possible if you can and yes I am sure many of these supposed laws are made up just to" p" you off! 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

If mine were like yours, I would not have asked the question.

In asking the question you implied that the format of your photos was standard, it isn't.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:17 AM, Surasak said:

I have been reading here all the cock and bull some have to go through for a little yellow book and Pink card. Why Oh why, do the Thai people have to make such a big deal out of a very simple exercise!

May have something to with all the fraud they've encountered, easy to perpetrate in the digital age. Same reason they began to require the embassies to verify the income of farang getting income affirmations for their visa extensions.

In Pattaya the very strict requirements keep the yellow book and pink cards away from all the riff raff. It's a big deal because those documents are official verification of identity. Best to be sure they're as accurate as possible.