Best breakfast buffet in Jomtien

jaywalker2

Haven't been to a buffet since the Covid madness when everyone was forced to wear a mask to dish up food.

Do they still require mask-wearing to go through buffet lines?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, connda said:

Do they still require mask-wearing to go through buffet lines?

You are having a larf aren't you..........(I hope so :unsure:)

I've lived in Jomtien more than 2 years and I can't think of any popular and proper hotel style "Breakfast Buffets" among local restaurants.  Full English seems to be the order of the day at most restaurants and pubs, a source of endless discussion and agitation on local FB forums.  I'm sure some of the more upscale hotels around NaJomtien such as the Movenpick have an impressive breakfast spread as does the venerable Royal Cliff hotel off Pratumnak Hill.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Define "best"!

Like: Free flow champagne and you don't care about the price?

Or all you can eat for 200B?

Or what is on your mind?

the-breakfast-buffet.jpg

Value for money. Suppose breakfast is going to be the main meal of the day. So you want something filling you could partake of daily.

7 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

Best breakfast buffet in Jomtien

Any recommendations?

Zing hotel. 

Heading uphill on Theppraya from 3rd road on the left is Zing hotel, has sign, I think 179 baht. 

I have not been inside, If you go let us know how it is. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

20 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Zing hotel. 

Heading uphill on Theppraya from 3rd road on the left is Zing hotel, has sign, I think 179 baht. 

I went to the Zing buffet this morning. It was 250 baht. And all I can say is that I won't be going back. It was sort of like a cross between an English breakfast and Thai street food. They had silver dollar pancakes, panang curry, the usual cheap ham and hot dogs, baked beans, toast and jam, fruit juice.

Most of it wasn't very good. Even the coffee was bad. They had one of those automatic machines that supposed to be make various kinds of coffee but they all end up tasting like Red Cap. The two bright spots were the croissants and the egg station. At least the eggs were freshly made.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As with many things in life you get what you pay for. Breakfast - especially a fulfilling one - is no exeption. You simply cannot demand such a meal for under 200 THB.

Many years ago we lodged  after trying many other hotels in Pattaya in tha Avani whie on holidays if in Pattaya..They have a very good breakfast. But it now might be above 1000 HB. When I say good I mean all European standards like cereals, saussages, egg station (poached eggs may be ordered), but as well a japanese corner, a Thai corner, fresh juices and fruits and maybe indian curries.

If the Avani does not suit you, there is Casa Pascal just opposite. Famous for a reason.

The best setting we ever had was in the Centara Grand in Hua Hin with its quiet nice garden where the birds sing. Drawback: they givve you Allowrie as butter as many others do.

The most vast selection I have ever seen was in the Amari Watergate. You better bring your roller scates. Its a bit leaning towards indian (the owner is Indian) but a bt chaotic and not so clean.

Conclusion: budget 1000 THB+ per person and when carefully selected, you will get a perfect breakfast

Edited by moogradod
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

I went to the Zing buffet this morning. It was 250 baht. And all I can say is that I won't be going back. It was sort of like a cross between an English breakfast and Thai street food. They had silver dollar pancakes, panang curry, the usual cheap ham and hot dogs, baked beans, toast and jam, fruit juice.

Most of it wasn't very good. Even the coffee was bad. They had one of those automatic machines that supposed to be make various kinds of coffee but they all end up tasting like Red Cap. The two bright spots were the croissants and the egg station. At least the eggs were freshly made.

Thanks for the feedback, I thought it would be an average buffet. 

15 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:
On 4/6/2024 at 3:34 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Zing hotel. 

I went to the Zing buffet this morning. It was 250 baht

IMG_20240408_032227.jpg

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, moogradod said:

As with many things in life you get what you pay for. Breakfast - especially a fulfilling one - is no exeption. You simply cannot demand such a meal for under 200 THB.

Many years ago we lodged  after trying many other hotels in Pattaya in tha Avani whie on holidays if in Pattaya..They have a very good breakfast. But it now might be above 1000 HB. When I say good I mean all European standards like cereals, saussages, egg station (poached eggs may be ordered), but as well a japanese corner, a Thai corner, fresh juices and fruits and maybe indian curries.

If the Avani does not suit you, there is Casa Pascal just opposite. Famous for a reason.

The best setting we ever had was in the Centara Grand in Hua Hin with its quiet nice garden where the birds sing. Drawback: they givve you Allowrie as butter as many others do.

The most vast selection I have ever seen was in the Amari Watergate. You better bring your roller scates. Its a bit leaning towards indian (the owner is Indian) but a bt chaotic and not so clean.

Conclusion: budget 1000 THB+ per person and when carefully selected, you will get a perfect breakfast

That's a lot of money for a breakfast!

That's probably more than I would pay in Australia.

30 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

This one looks a lot nicer

That's the ZING Hotel on Theppraya road, you had breakfast at the other (wrong) Zing hotel.

IMG_20240408_074554.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thanks 1

Buffet meals, what does'nt get eaten at this sitting, gets put under the counter until the next sitting, be it that evening, or next morning, if you are feeling constipated go have a buffet breakfast

18 hours ago, moogradod said:

Agreed that the Centara Grand in  Hua Hin is good, pity they don't use Anchor butter. 

Centara Azure in Pattaya is very similar and I wish they had bacon! That sandwich type processed ham don't cut it. 

The Hideaway bar/guesthouse just down the road from the Azure does a very good full British breakfast at a fraction of the cost. 

Edited by Korat Kiwi
Missed a word

16 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

That's the ZING Hotel on Theppraya road, you had breakfast at the other (wrong) Zing hotel.

IMG_20240408_074554.jpg

But that's Pratamnak, isn't it? That's a ways to go for breakfast.

6 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

But that's Pratamnak, isn't it? That's a ways to go for breakfast.

Do you walk everywhere, if so then it's a long walk for some. 

It's 10 baht on the baht bus, a 5 minute bicycle ride, 2 minutes on my PCX etc. 

You said that you paid 250 baht for breakfast, take the baht bus for 10 baht, you'll save money. 

IMG_20240408_080502.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Do you walk everywhere, if so then it's a long walk for some. 

It's 10 baht on the baht bus, a 5 minute bicycle ride, 2 minutes on my PCX etc. 

You said that you paid 250 baht for breakfast, take the baht bus for 10 baht, you'll save money. 

IMG_20240408_080502.jpg

I only tried it out as a public service to this forum.

• Haha 2