Mike's Burgers! Double Double Big Burger

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shophouse has been sold for a few million USD, the lease for Mike's was cancelled. Soon there will be a Thai restaurant located there. Mike's is looking for another location.

I heard the german brewhouse on Rama 3 was going to open a pub there.

I doubt anyone would spend a couple of mil USD to open a Thai Restaurant

The shophouse has been sold for a few million USD, the lease for Mike's was cancelled. Soon there will be a Thai restaurant located there. Mike's is looking for another location.

So 'Mike' invested a load of money in opening a new restaurant and 2 months later the lease is cancelled and now he has to find new premises.

I know This Is Thailand but this still sounds odd to me. Surely nobody would invest in setting up a new restaurant without a secure lease?

Anybody been lately?

Yeah, I went there today and it is closed == windows papered over and all. There is a computer printout sign saying "We will be back! See www.original.com" I thought that if they had that url hey must have some business savvy, but... go to the site. At a guess, it looks like the new proprietor spent all his funds opening and didn't set aside enough to keep running at a loss until he 1. trained his staff to make a decent burger and 2. built up clientele devoted to those quality burgers.

My guess is they spent too much trying to be big right away even when they hadn't streamlined the operations of their main branch (Silom) yet. Spent on trying to be a big franchise company, participating in the last big franchise convention at Impact Muang Thong Tani, even hiring expert "foreign consultants" from Australia and Singapore to sales-talk potential franchisees at the event.

I attended that event at Impact, and the Australian franchise "expert" tried to sales talk me into buying my own Mike's franchise (cost between 2 to 5 MILLION baht); even if their service at Silom was still "not yet up to par" (I'm being nice).

He was a complete B.S. guy from the start... trying to act overly funny (should've been a clown instead) and then telling me things like "Just by looking at you I can tell you'll be very successful at this!... it's really in you!... I could tell that you were in that line of business!... blablabla" during our first talk when he didn't even know me from Adam; the least they can do is hire a guy with CREDIBILITY to sell their franchises... not some guy who gives B.S. that you can see right through. That totally turned me off and made their credibility sink.

The Singaporean lady franchise expert looked me in the eye and told me "I can tell you're very entrepreneurial...bla bla bla" But again, she also didn't know me from Adam so it was so obviously complete B.S.

1) Spent a lot of money on these foreign "experts".

2) Crashed their own credibility with these non-credible "experts".

Complete waste of funds, in my opinion. That could be a reason funds ran out, if at all it did (we don't really know the story).

I sincerely hope Mike's opens up again and gets it's act together... It's a really good concept and I'm still desperate for BIG BURGERS in Bangkok with big fries and big onion rings and philly cheese steaks and chilli dogs!!!

Come back Mike's! And don't bring those B.S. people in this time!!! :o

Edited by junkofdavid2

this was a lousy location. there is an A+W 30 seconds walk on one side and a mcdonalds a 20 second walk on the other side which destroys his ability to get thai customers...plus from the outside it looked just like another mcondalds, i would not have even expected it was a quality burger (although it really wasnt) had it not been for this forum... way too much competition in this area and i think it was overall a bad plan from the start. the rent most have been atrocious anyways.

Under the Skytrain Station, near the MRT Line, on Silom, is a lousy location?

if there is Mcdonalds 20 meters on one side and an A+W 10 meters on the otherside, and you sell hamburgers, then yeah i think it is.

But to my knowledge there is no McDonalds 20 meters away on one side. Please enlighten me as to where this is located, if you mean the one at the United Centre then that's a lot further than 20 meters, you have to cross over soi convent and then some to get there.

If there is one closer please enlighten me as for the 6 years i have lived in that area (Sathorn/Silom) i have obviously failed to notice it and i do enjoy there food once in a while when i'm pushed for time. By the way i have an office above the Silom complex so i am around that area most days.

Thanks for your help.

Acq.

Edited by Acquiesce

Under the Skytrain Station, near the MRT Line, on Silom, is a lousy location?

if there is Mcdonalds 20 meters on one side and an A+W 10 meters on the otherside, and you sell hamburgers, then yeah i think it is.

But to my knowledge there is no McDonalds 20 meters away on one side. Please enlighten me as to where this is located, if you mean the one at the United Centre then that's a lot further than 20 meters, you have to cross over soi convent and then some to get there.

If there is one closer please enlighten me as for the 6 years i have lived in that area (Sathorn/Silom) i have obviously failed to notice it and i do enjoy there food once in a while when i'm pushed for time. By the way i have an office above the Silom complex so i am around that area most days.

Thanks for your help.

Acq.

lol

Yeah, not quite 20 metres! Burger King is probably closer, but over the other side of the road.

crossing soi convent is quite an ordeal for senior citizens so i must apologize. i realize that a minutes walk for me stretches out the afternoon for you chaps.

33 kid and a lot fitter than you have ever been. :o

and the owner of an Ebay plastic jewerly business. Whoa! your parents must be proud.

Edited by FarangNoi21

crossing soi convent is quite an ordeal for senior citizens so i must apologize. i realize that a minutes walk for me stretches out the afternoon for you chaps.

and the owner of an Ebay plastic jewerly business. Whoa! your parents must be proud.

and btw, i wouldn't call tutoring kids from the 5th floor food court in silom complex an office.

Don't judge everyone by your own standards and asparations, it's clear from your post's around the forum that your struggling in life and have a low self esteem. For this reason i won't bully you too much, your just fun to push around a little thats all.

EDIT: On second thought's i have removed my office address as in another thread i read that you were attracted to men, i don't want you stalking me.

Edited by Acquiesce

and btw, i wouldn't call tutoring kids from the 5th floor food court in silom complex an office.

Don't judge everyone by your own standards and asparations, it's clear from your post's around the forum that your struggling in life and have a low self esteem. For this reason i won't bully you too much, your just fun to push around a little thats all.

EDIT: On second thought's i have removed my office address as in another thread i read that you were attracted to men, i don't want you stalking me.

:D:D

Yes Game, the little farang boy is good fun to take the pi$$ out of, but he is such a clueless little thing sometimes i feel guilty.

don't feel guilty acq - this on-going feud is highly entertaining.