Where is Windmill Plaza

Felton Jarvis

The Fedex office in Naklua is holding my replacement debit card for some reason. As far as I can tell, they never attempted to deliver it to Jomtien. The office is located in Windmill Plaza. How do I find this place???

7 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

The Fedex office in Naklua is holding my replacement debit card for some reason. As far as I can tell, they never attempted to deliver it to Jomtien. The office is located in Windmill Plaza. How do I find this place???

Google maps shows it on Pattaya-Nak Kluea Road which is off the round about at Terminal 21 

Screenshot_20240407_215033_Maps.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks guys.  I can't find anything about it on Google Maps. Local taxi drivers don't know what I am talking about. The only chance I've got is to get my girlfriend to call them.  Sheer insanity.

2 hours ago, champers said:

A delivery company asks you to collect what they are supposed to deliver. Weird.

Weird indeed.  As far as I know, there was no attempt to deliver it. They could have left a note.  The messages they sent ended up in my spam folder.  Terrible service, consistent with the standard of the country.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Weird indeed.  As far as I know, there was no attempt to deliver it. They could have left a note.  The messages they sent ended up in my spam folder.  Terrible service, consistent with the standard of the country.

Might be something to do with the contents...., some shippers refuse them. May want to see a passport before handing it over. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

And they charge nearly double for a Debit card  UK to Thailand, &  quoted 1 day longer than DHL

Thanks for helping out. In the nine years I have lived in Pattaya, I think I have visited Naklua exactly twice. I have terrible luck giving instructions to taxi drivers unless I can use Google Translate.  Even then, they manage to take me to the wrong place.  😞

2 minutes ago, actonion said:

And they charge nearly double for a Debit card  UK to Thailand, &  quoted 1 day longer than DHL

Even worse with my American credit union. They won't use anything but Fedex and the average time it takes is one month. If not for my girlfriend, I would starve to death.

1 hour ago, kawikasudo said:

Look for the Windmill hotel. The plaza is next to it 

A taxi driver that does not know Windmill resort/hotel should find another job!

Really not rocket science.

Drive towards Naklua (through the roundabout if you come from 2nd rd or north Pattaya rd.) and then up north on Naklua rd.

Yes it's as far from Jomtien as can be :tongue:

windmill.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

16 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Thanks guys.  I can't find anything about it on Google Maps. Local taxi drivers don't know what I am talking about. The only chance I've got is to get my girlfriend to call them.  Sheer insanity.

16 hours ago, transam said:

It is on Google Maps if this is what you are looking for...............😋

Windmill Plaza, 665 Pattaya-Na Kluea Road.

Chon Buri, 20260.

16 hours ago, treetops said:

The links above should be enough but here another one with directions from Jomtien Beach.

Directions.

If you're using the baht bus look for this sign on your right - you can see the FedEx logo - just after Soi 29/1

image.png.ae13cd7f6e94c03f89247e858b93b695.png

Seems its you. After you gave up on Google Maps, two other posters tried to give you a hand, and you blame Thailand. 

Reinforced by this. 

3 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Thanks for helping out. In the nine years I have lived in Pattaya, I think I have visited Naklua exactly twice. I have terrible luck giving instructions to taxi drivers unless I can use Google Translate.  Even then, they manage to take me to the wrong place.  😞

I agree its hot as hell and nobody wants to be out in the heat but.....🤔

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, marin said:

Seems its you. After you gave up on Google Maps, two other posters tried to give you a hand, and you blame Thailand. 

Reinforced by this. 

I agree its hot as hell and nobody wants to be out in the heat but.....🤔

Your logic is deeply flawed. Thailand is internationally famous for incompetence and poor service. My Fedex experience bears this out.  Definitely NOT "blaming Thailand"....they can't ALL be stupid. Kneejerk defense of shoddy service is just evidence of being a "Thai-O-Phile".

Edited by Felton Jarvis

20 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

The Fedex office in Naklua is holding my replacement debit card for some reason.

At least it's reached Naklua, a package sent to me from Singapore correctly addressed for delivery in Phetchabun Region, did not even get out of Bangkok, It was returned to sender marked as "No such address in Bangkok".

• Sad 2

Some inflammatory and offensive posts and replies have been removed:

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

10. You will not post troll messages. Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing forum members by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other members into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

As this topic has ran it's course, topic is now closed.