Porting Bangkok Bank app to new phone from outside Thailand

I have the Bangkok Bank app on my phone and it works fine, no problems, even though I am outside Thailand.

However, I want to purchase a new phone and port over the app to the new phone and sell the old phone.

Is there a way to do this from outside Thailand, or do I have to go through the same process I did originally to set it up on the old phone? I did it from an ATM last time. Is there an alternative? 

Thanks. 

43 minutes ago, Everyman said:

Is there a way to do this from outside Thailand,

Yes, if u have the same number which was registered with the bank.

Should be able to receive OTP and have internet connectivity (International Roaming)

• Like 2

Just did it here in Thailand. My phone is very old so decided to upgrade before we move to Europe.

Went to the bank with passport, atm card and new phone, with old sim installed. They asked for bank book, but accepted the passport. Took us to the atm where we got a otp, and bingo. The app worked on the new phone.

I'd recommend calling them to see if you can do this via the phone? Their customer service is pretty good.

Let us know what happens!

9. What should I do if I change my mobile phone?

If you change your mobile phone, you need to download the Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking app and follow the below steps to get started.

For Bualuang iBanking users , download and log in with your existing Bualuang iBanking User ID and password to re-activate the app on the new mobile phone right away.

If you don’t have a Bualuang iBanking user ID and password, you can

• Use your debit card number and authenticate by facial recognition via the app. Or
  • Use your account number, citizen ID card number and authenticate by facial recognition via the app. You also need to remember your current Mobile PIN.

Note: These only apply to Thai citizens who have verified their identity using their Citizen ID card at a Bangkok Bank branch before.

If you cannot re-activate the application in-app, you can request a new User ID and PIN to log in at

• Bualuang ATM
  • Bangkok Bank branches nationwide: please bring your passbook and Citizen ID card.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/Bualuang-mBanking/FAQ?utm_source=website&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=revamp-mb-lp-faqs-en

Edited by MJCM
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Everyman said:

yes 

Internet apps whether banks or not, work without a SIM card.

You can ask for verification by email.

Edited by KannikaP