Smoking in public

On 4/9/2024 at 5:18 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Smoking in general ? or smoking weed on a boat in public ?....   in either case some people are just ignorant ayholes and don't care where their smoke blows - they are either dumb and ignorantly inconsiderate, or deliberately careless.

I've had a couple of issues in the past with ignorant cigarette smokers being completely careless....  Weed smokers seem to be a little more considerate but the smell goes a long distance. 

In this case it seems and idiot was just being a careless idiot... throwing the joint into the water highlights the degree of ignorance there.

Why does throwing the joint highlight ignorance? I'm curious.

1 hour ago, sumaterani said:

it's windy on a moving boat more than on the beach so probably that dude thought it won't bother the other passengers.

As a fellow potsmoker and foreigner, I apologize it bothered you, we usually just wanna have good times. 

I always rent a hotel or Airbnb with balcony, that's where I smoke cannabis or at some dispensaries if they provide the facility.

You dont get it do you? 

I feel sorry for you!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Why does throwing the joint highlight ignorance? I'm curious.

Littering so overtly....      he just threw thew joint into the water instead of putting it out and putting the remains (roach) in a bin.

....  thus, IMO... anyone littering in such an manner exposes a degree of indifference to his surroundings and those around him, this IMO is ignorant. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Hummin said:

You dont get it do you? 

I feel sorry for you!

well, I apologized in good faith, that's on my part. I didn't ask for tolerance because I know it's wrong and against the law, I acknowledge he shouldn't smoke in public transport.

But I do see the problem here actually wasn't intentional, not all potheads have the same awareness or discipline; Anyway, I understand your anger, it will be more effective if you asked him to be fined at the moment on pier, don't forget to take some evidences because it's required by the law; that probably should satisfy you and teach him a big deal.

Edited by sumaterani
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, sumaterani said:

well, I apologized in good faith, that's on my part. I didn't ask for tolerance because I know it's wrong and against the law, I acknowledge he shouldn't smoke in public transport.

But I do see the problem here actually wasn't intentional, not all potheads have the same awareness or discipline; Anyway, I understand your anger, it will be more effective if you asked him to be fined at the moment on pier, don't forget to take some evidences because it's required by the law; that probably should satisfy you and teach him a big deal.

Who said I was angry? And you still do not get the rel problem here, which is lack of respect in public in front of families with small children! 

• Confused 1