Yearly Insurance Inspection

I remember a similar thread a while ago.

Our truck is two days over 3 years, insurance (Navakit) through what used to be Mister Prakhan. I was really happy with mister P and when I scraped the front wing down a concrete post, Navakit and Toyota did a good job.

Due to this, and the lowest quote - I repeated the purchase. Yet, again Navakit want to to come and see the truck. As they did last year.

Last year, her comment was “the same as the day you bought it” and this year nothing has changed. 

Now my wife tells me, the girl just takes photos - just a girl with a cellphone, not an agent or connected to the company at all. 

Is this normal for every company? Even if repeat business? Every year? 

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Our truck is two days over 3 years, insurance (Navakit) through what used to be Mister Prakhan. I was really happy with mister P and when I scraped the front wing down a concrete post, Navakit and Toyota did a good job.

Due to this, and the lowest quote - I repeated the purchase. Yet, again Navakit want to to come and see the truck. As they did last year.

Last year, her comment was “the same as the day you bought it” and this year nothing has changed. 

Now my wife tells me, the girl just takes photos - just a girl with a cellphone, not an agent or connected to the company at all. 

So why do you have a problem with that ? it's not costing you money, and you could be insuring a car that already has damage, and then try to make a claim on it.

I always use a car testing place and let them do all the tax business and get my insurance from them the car does not need to be old enough for testing, for their service trying to save a few baht on insurance just 'aint worth the hassle to me. 

@brianthainess @steve187

On the top of the quote there was a big red banner “No inspection necessary”

As you ask, we just finished tiling our living area on our site. We were on-site, busy covering the tiles before the anyone else can walk on them. We got a call at 9:00, saying they would be here at 10:00, the girl

arrived at 10:30, wasted half an hour wanting the truck out of the car port, the bonnet open, walk around, completed a form, wouldn’t let us go until it was signed and left after 11:00 - thanks, the morning wasted for myself, wife and workers. 

What are you talking about? Using an inspection place to do your insurance? Saving a few baht? 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, recom273 said:

What are you talking about? Using an inspection place to do your insurance? Saving a few baht? 

One of these places, with the yellow cog, they are everywhere, I don't waste time going to the gov't road transport office for my road tax, and my insurance is timed to be renewed at the same time, even with a full car inspection it is 200b, and they send all docs to me for an extra 50b. The only photo they take is of my dash cam to get the 10% discount on my private insurance. So they wasted 30min of your day oh dear never mind.

download(4)cog.jpg.179c96a782bb2d2e0b6721f9ecc99e37.jpg

Edited by brianthainess

12 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

One of these places, with the yellow cog, they are everywhere, I don't waste time going to the gov't road transport office for my road tax, and my insurance is timed to be renewed at the same time, even with a full car inspection it is 200b, and they send all docs to me for an extra 50b. The only photo they take is of my dash cam to get the 10% discount on my private insurance. So they wasted 30min of your day oh dear never mind.

download(4)cog.jpg.179c96a782bb2d2e0b6721f9ecc99e37.jpg

The car is two years and a few days - I don’t need to go to the vehicle inspection place. Government licensing dept? 200B? Extra 50B? What are you talking about. I’m talking about a visit from the insurance company “rep”.

Another topic detailed .. the answer was the first, not normal when continuing the policy, but crack on. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, recom273 said:

The car is two years and a few days - I don’t need to go to the vehicle inspection place. Government licensing dept? 200B? Extra 50B? What are you talking about. I’m talking about a visit from the insurance company “rep”.

Another topic detailed .. the answer was the first, not normal when continuing the policy, but crack on. 

As I said in my original post ! you can still use them even though your car does not need testing. I made it very clear about the charges, never mind.

22 hours ago, recom273 said:

Change the Insurance Company!

22 hours ago, recom273 said:

no you get special service, now you are on a 6 month review and photo 

normal in Thailand?

16 hours ago, brianthainess said:

As I said in my original post ! you can still use them even though your car does not need testing. I made it very clear about the charges, never mind.

Its you that's getting confused pal. He is not talking about a yearly vehicle inspection to get road tax. He is saying his car insurance wants photos of his car and bodywork before they will insure it for another year. This has to be carried out by their rep. This has nothing to do with a car reliability check, totally not the same. You need to offer an apology for your condescending posts.

Edited by jimn

17 minutes ago, jimn said:

Its you that's getting confused pal. He is not talking about a yearly vehicle inspection to get road tax. He is saying his car insurance wants photos of his car and bodywork before they will insure it for another year. This has to be carried out by their rep. This has nothing to do with a car reliability check, totally not the same. You need to offer an apology for your condescending posts.

You need to read my first reply where I said you can use them EVEN IF YOUR CAR DOES NOT NEED AN INSPECTION !! Expecting an insurance company to renew your insurance without photos to see if it is already damaged, really?

2 hours ago, jimn said:

Thanks, and forget it  .. the guy hasn't yet caught up with the digital age - Spend two mins clicking a renewal button on the email from Mister Prakhan, check that you are getting the correct excess, life insurance, etc included in the policy and then transfer from the bank or waste a trip to the nearest local vehicle testing place, then try and fathom if you are getting decent cover from a girl who sits there playing fb all day.

I have only had to deal with M. Prakhan a couple of times, the customer sales reps are some of the best I have encountered in Thailand. I wanted to find a similar post, because these were the same kind of replies "it isn't costing you anything", "why are you so important" or inferring im trying to save a few baht - it's because I want to continue my business with Mr Prakhan and the insurance company because of good service. The insurance company already know the state of the car, they repaired it 9 months ago. 

3 hours ago, ujayujay said:

Change the Insurance Company!

lol .. that's exactly what the wife said. Understandably, the first thing they do is schedule a visit to take pictures of the car.