Foreigner's Shocking Behavior On Soi 4 Sparks Outrage in Bangkok [videos]

george

Seems to me as if this guy has not had much experience with Asian squat toilets in the past.

No wonder, really, simply because....when one is very top-heavy...

Squat toilets put great strain on one's thigh muscles and knee joints.

On occasion, when one is this top-heavy, one tends to topple over before consummating the act.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Goat said:

He is a long term Brit expat. 

Oki Doki! Just another feather in the hat for the Brits.

At "you know who", don't forget to get hooked on this one too.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Lots of HISO people here seem to want to crucify him for have an urgent need to discard some bad food. You don't know the reasons why he did for what he did, and perhaps you haven't had an emergency situation like he experienced. He didn't mean to tarnish Buddah, he just used what was available to return to respectable state in society.

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 2

Fat farang strips naked and poops in Bangkok shrine - video

fat.jpg

Thailand’s tourism drive suffered another setback this week when Bangkok bore witness to yet another repulsive, badly-behaved fat farang who saw it fit to strip naked, bathe and poop in a Buddhist shrine.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand has been playing catch up for the past four years, after the Covid-19 epidemic, to attract more tourists to the Land of Smiles. Unfortunately, those smiles turned to frowns yesterday as an obese foreigner disregarded all around him and thought it was a good idea to desecrate a holy shrine. It is a familiar tale in Thailand.

Videos and photographs of the unidentified foreigner defecating in public on a bustling street in Bangkok and subsequently cleansing himself in a Buddhist shrine have circulated widely, eliciting disgust and ire among locals and online audiences.

The incident, captured yesterday, April 11, near the notorious Soi Nana, Sukhumvit Soi 4 district, depicts the man casually squatting on the pavement before proceeding to bathe in a nearby shrine with the apparent assistance of a Thai security guard.

The explicit videos and photographs, shared by an eyewitness, condemn the man’s blatant disregard for Thai culture and public decency., reported ASEAN Now.

Witnesses expressed a blend of astonishment and exasperation, urging authorities to identify and take action against the man. Some have voiced concerns regarding the negative portrayal this incident casts upon foreigners in Thailand.

While the man’s identity remains unknown, the incident underscores a recurring issue of disrespectful conduct by certain foreign visitors to Thailand.

Only three days ago another foreigner disgraced himself, ironically, this time in Pattaya’s Farang Bar. Two Thai female employees are seeking justice after a German man attacked them at a bar where they worked on Sunday, April 7. The German accused the bar of overcharging him.

The two victims, 55 year old Anchisa Thongphuek and 39 year old Warunee Promwaen, submitted CCTV footage of the attack to officers at Mueang Pattaya Police Station on Sunday after the German man physically assaulted them. The incident occurred at Farang Bar in Soi Lengkee at about 2am on the day.

By Bob Scott

Caption: Picture courtesy of ASEAN Now

Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-12

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Not to mention that there is a complete lack of public toilets in Thailand.

There's also an almost complete lack of rubbish bins in that part of Bangkok (and most of Thailand). However, there are plenty of "rubbish police" hanging around waiting for you to drop anything, to then immediately approach you and demand a 2000 baht fine.

Are the little white tents still around that part of Sukhumvit? That's where the fines are demanded. Not even a rubbish bin in sight near them either.

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

…I’m sorry.

But that is the funniest thing I have seen all year!!!

when you gotta go, you gotta go!

😄 😄 😄 

Hope he’s got a fresh pair of undies in his room!

much love!

BOB.

I'm with you on this one Bob. That is just plain funny albeit very inappropriate...getting a shower from the security guard while standing naked in a shrines water feature after being filmed taking a <deleted> on a busy bangkok street. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel compassion with this guy who felt a sudden bowel movement and chosed to defecate on the street.
That was maybe not his best idea, but at that moment it was urgent.
Although, he could have pull his paints up and go to a public toilet to wash himself instead taking a bath at a shrine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

48 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I assume you speak from personal experience regarding your top-heaviness!

PS' I do not wish a rerun of your cr@p broken toilet experience!

Agree!

Copper Crapper, not plastic, is the only way to go....in the future...

For me, obviously.

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Not to mention that there is a complete lack of public toilets in Thailand.

The only ones that I can think of are the toilets at gas stations, and there are not many of those around soi 4.

True, not many public toilets around but look at all the bars on Soi 4.

Different part of town but twice I have found myself desperate in Surawongse and twice been grateful for the excellent facilities at the Roadhouse. And twice been happy to buy a drink there.

There used to be a petrol filling station near Soi 4, sounds like it's gone then.

3 hours ago, Goat said:

Just saw this on the Thai news.

He is a long term Brit expat. 

It is on Facebook also with the Thais commenting, mostly in good humour. Spicy somtam does that to you.

I would post the link FB links are not allowed on this forum unfortunately.

OH NO! A BRIT! Expat, no less.

After all those years of bigotry denigrating, stereotyping, and sneering against Chinese after our Brit forum posters gleefully seized on the one known incident of a little Chinese kid needing to poop on the street in Pattaya.

How the screw turns.

I imagine it will make no difference. Let's do remember this, though.

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It's quite well known that people allow children to defecate in public in China.  It is not the same in Britain.

Nor in Thailand. Lot of open defecation in Britain these days, however, owing the closing of public loos.

With many public toilets now permanently closed and council budgets for street cleaning under pressure, public toileting or “wild toileting” has become a commonplace nuisance, from the streets of London’s Soho to the races at Cheltenham, reported The Guardian.

--https://theweek.com/public-sector/960428/loos-lose-the-demise-of-public-toilets-in-the-uk

As much as you hate it, this new development does not change either of those things.

Point made that it won't change the bigotry here towards Chinese in Thailand.

Sorry to spoil your moment.

Irrelevant, so sorry to spoil your moment of imagining you spoiled my moment.

What we need now is a mob of Brits fighting for a seafood buffet, another cherished image. Maybe there'll be a baked beans shortage and only one shop will sell tins at a particular hour.

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Nor in Thailand. Lot of open defecation in Britain these days, however, owing the closing of public loos.

With many public toilets now permanently closed and council budgets for street cleaning under pressure, public toileting or “wild toileting” has become a commonplace nuisance, from the streets of London’s Soho to the races at Cheltenham, reported The Guardian.

--https://theweek.com/public-sector/960428/loos-lose-the-demise-of-public-toilets-in-the-uk

You might want to look up what "defecation" means before you speak shockingly incorrectly about it any further.

The article you have linked talks about people urinating in public, not defecating.

31 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Irrelevant, so sorry to spoil your moment of imagining you spoiled my moment.

Sorry to spoil your moment of imagining that you were spoiling my factual spoiling of your original moment which you got so very wrong.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

I hope he'll get a one way ticket into his home country.

And I hope also his photo and name would be published around the world.

But first: tarred and feathered 🥳

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3