Foreigner's Shocking Behavior On Soi 4 Sparks Outrage in Bangkok [videos]

george

5 hours ago, BigStar said:

Yes, not in the least funny when one little Chinese boy had to go in public once in Pattaya. Oh, the disgust and outrage. It became THE standard behavior of all Chinese seized by our bigots, mentioned here regularly. NEVER forgotten, still surfaces. 

So good, now we have a counter example. Do we know if he's a Brit yet, so as to start the excuse industry?

There's been nothing whatsoever today on the Thai news etc about this incident, been out with Thai friends tonight and they had not heard anything about it, either on the news or Facebook. 

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Mental illness can affect anyone of any colour, size or age. 

Let's hope he gets the help he needs. 

Thais are very compassionate and will try to help this poor man. 

I definitely completely agree with you.

People here are very compassionate toward anyone in distress due to mental illness, or ill health, or personal problems beyond their control.

Thai people express caring and emotions, such as worry or reaction to unfortunate events, in ways different from some cultures in the west.

16 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Arrest and Deport - then mnaybe numpties from overseas will realise the downsides of being an animal in Thailand.

after a few years in the monkey house, maybe he could lose some weight, what a loser

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, roo860 said:

There's been nothing whatsoever today on the Thai news etc about this incident, been out with Thai friends tonight and they had not heard anything about it, either on the news or Facebook. 

Maybe Thai news doesn't want to scare away Asian tourists.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, James105 said:

Well, technically he didn't expose his wiener to anyone, as no-one can possibly see it due to the gigantic overhanging belly he is sporting.  

Yes, no one including himself.

17 hours ago, george said:

The incident, filmed on Thursday in the infamous Soi Nana (Sukhumvit Soi 4) district, shows the man casually squatting on the sidewalk before proceeding to wash himself in a nearby shrine with the apparent assistance of a Thai security guard.

Should have kept the shreddies on...

16 hours ago, rexpotter said:

Wasn't really that long ago in time that things like this happened regularly here. But nobody knew about it. Cameras everywhere now, watching every move we make.

That needs correction, should read "...watching every move that everybody makes."

"... we make" implies that cameras are set up specifically to catch foreigners. That's obviously not true and racist. 

The authorities (in any country) take advantage of modern technology to catch people (any/all people) who break the law regardless of their nationality. As they should.

• Confused 3

Clearly a mental health issue. I hope they are talking to his home country about getting treatment. He might just be off his meds but that is not a problem for the Thai government.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, eyeman said:

That's so funny.

Excuse me for not participating in the outage... Made me chuckle, uniquely Nana, 🤣 having the balls to take a shower at a place where thais seek guidance and luck on lottery numbers... funny

Number 2 will feature prominently in the next lotto.

• Haha 2

Looking at the video I think the lights were on but there was nobody home. His glazed-over eyes suggests he was either drunk, high, or mentally challenged. Not a good look whichever way you look at it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JimTripper said:

That's mental illness. Not on the same level as disgusting tourists and the like.

I would maybe go with that. The video that shows him have a crap If you look at his eyes, he seems oblivious to his surroundings. 

17 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

OMG... what the hell. 

Get him out if this country asap.  What a grot. 

No excuse for this behaviour 

He may well be suffering from a recognised mental disorder - but even so, he should be kicked out of Thailand. My apologies to any Thai readers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Dreadful. However, I do recall, I believe, Lee Kuan Yew many many years ago, saying that a city/countries level of development, cleanliness and sophistication can be judged by how many public toilets are available to citizens/tourists. In Singapore a clean and well maintained public toilet is easily available and well sign posted. Bangkok ... Phuket ... other cities ... apart from petrol stations and perhaps Central etc .... even the BTS toilets are located in the staff only area and the janitor has the key. You be the judge.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1