Foreigner's Shocking Behavior On Soi 4 Sparks Outrage in Bangkok [videos]

george

18 hours ago, george said:

It's worth noting that public urination is already an issue in some districts of Bangkok, but this incident goes far beyond that in terms of both hygiene and cultural offense.

It is worth noting that there are no public restrooms available to the public or to tourists. Asking shops to use their toilets is a waste of time because they will refuse. Most bars will demand you buy drink if coming in to use their toilet. This area is a good example of not providing for the needs of the tourists that walk around spending money in the shops. What this man did was abhorrent, but in considering he probably had nowhere else to go except in his pants. He chose this option. Also, the Thai security guard aided and most likely suggested the man use that water to wash himself. Even aiding by spraying a hose on the guy since he had already got some crap in his pants. Thailand wants all these tourists, but they leave little choices in providing things like trash cans and toilets which in turn causes behavior that can make them look bad. 

I would bet this man never once did this type of action before.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, thesetat said:

It is worth noting that there are no public restrooms available to the public or to tourists. Asking shops to use their toilets is a waste of time because they will refuse. Most bars will demand you buy drink if coming in to use their toilet. This area is a good example of not providing for the needs of the tourists that walk around spending money in the shops. What this man did was abhorrent, but in considering he probably had nowhere else to go except in his pants. He chose this option. Also, the Thai security guard aided and most likely suggested the man use that water to wash himself. Even aiding by spraying a hose on the guy since he had already got some crap in his pants. Thailand wants all these tourists, but they leave little choices in providing things like trash cans and toilets which in turn causes behavior that can make them look bad. 

I would disagree most bars will let you use for free or a 5 or 10 baht charge which is understandable there is no excuse for this idiots behaviour

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, John Drake said:

What were his options?

There are public toilets within 30 secs of his location, there are bars with toilets within about the same distance.   Maybe a bit longer if the fat toad can't walk at normal person speed. 

I sincerely hope he is found and publicly shamed in the global media.  

• Confused 3

18 hours ago, James105 said:

Well, technically he didn't expose his wiener to anyone, as no-one can possibly see it due to the gigantic overhanging belly he is sporting.  

I doubt that he has seen it for some time.

46 minutes ago, thesetat said:

It is worth noting that there are no public restrooms available to the public or to tourists.

There are free public restrooms on the ground floor of Nana Plaza.  

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, thesetat said:

No, just go in the bar follow the sign to the toilet and when you're finished have the decency to buy a drink.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, thesetat said:

I'd consider buying a beer at a bar, in exchange for getting access to a toilet, a cheap price to pay if I was caught short.

I have yet to see a service station in Thailand which did not have free toilets.

Actually, his body shape is disgusting. Waist is bigger than his bum by a good margin. I don't understand how people can let themselves go like that.

• Agree 1

To those who laugh when seeing that, i do believe you will find'' very funny '' the day when you will need 2 weeks 6 appointments and 250 papers to renew your extension of stay because locals are fed up of the behavior of so '' funny'' foreign people.....  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

What if he's having some sort of mental breakdown?  Can't he seek help and then remain?

Shouldn't he only be deported if he posed some sort of threat to others?

Perhaps you were joking?

Do you know what this emoji is? 🥳. Now you know, don't you?😳

2 minutes ago, Carlotta said:

Do you know what this emoji is? 🥳. Now you know, don't you?😳

I believe it means something along the lines of "party time".  Given some of the responses on here, calling for various punishments, including death, I think you need to make your sarcasm a little more clear.

I recommend the "/s" to you for this purpose.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1