Transfer of vehicle from non-resident seller

Is anyone familiar with the possibility and process of transferring ownership of a Thai vehicle from a seller who is not in Thailand?

My local Transfer 'agent' advised "Sorry Sir, no can" but I vaguely recall that there is a transfer process is this situation.

Have access to 'Blue book' and can obtain copy of seller passport and departure stamp.

Anyone in the know

Thanks in advance

AFIAK you need:

Copy passport.

Copy visa page.

Copy exit stamp.

Signed original POA.

Signed original Vehicle transfer.

snail mail is your friend !

There was a thread about this exact scenario on AN.... maybe the search function can find it.

On 4/13/2024 at 11:44 AM, Chillypom said:

Is anyone familiar with the possibility and process of transferring ownership of a Thai vehicle from a seller who is not in Thailand?

My local Transfer 'agent' advised "Sorry Sir, no can" but I vaguely recall that there is a transfer process is this situation.

Have access to 'Blue book' and can obtain copy of seller passport and departure stamp.

Anyone in the know

Thanks in advance

You need a power of attorney from the registered owner, and now seller.

On 4/14/2024 at 11:37 AM, Chillypom said:

Thanks Ralf,

Sellers visa has expired and has no plans to return so looks like I may have a problem

If the sellers visa has expired by more than 30 days then yes its a big problem , i had the same issue when i purchased my ex neighbors car , I had the two signed forms {POA and Transfer forms }, copy of signed visa and signed passport and the blue book , but the visa had expired ,   the transport office only gave me one option , to get my neighbor to return to Thailand , they just said after several attempts impossible to transfer.  

Edited by Brick Top
  • Thanks 1