65K Monthly Method for Retirement Visa

30 minutes ago, QuantumQuandry said:

I did earlier in my first post but it's Jomtien immigration.

Thanks, would be interesting to hear whether your 1-year 'retirement' extension application is accepted using the +65K Monthly Income Transfer method, at the Jomtien Imm Office with NO pension statement. Keep us informed... 

If applying for the Non-Immigrant O Visa at Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration [Jomtien], be aware that they require the 800,000 be on deposit for 2 months prior to the application date -- this is not in the Immigration rule which has no requirement for how long it must be on deposit, but it is required by Jomtien Immigration Office in Pattaya.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 4:21 PM, khunPer said:

Your non-O visa needs to be obtained abroad to use the income method first time. If you enters visa exempt – or by tourists visa – and apply for a non-O visa domestically, you'll need a bank deposit of 800k baht transferred from abroad.

Very helpful indeed, thanks very much.

• Thanks 1

QUICK CHECK

So to double check my understanding, going the 65k pm route there is some likelihood of needing a pension statement to show source of funds.

But going the 800k in the bank route, there is no equivalent documentary evidence required to show the source is actually a pension.  (Either for the non-O or subsequent retirement extension.)

Do I get this right?

Cheers all,

SR

56 minutes ago, SportRider said:

QUICK CHECK

So to double check my understanding, going the 65k pm route there is some likelihood of needing a pension statement to show source of funds.

But going the 800k in the bank route, there is no equivalent documentary evidence required to show the source is actually a pension.  (Either for the non-O or subsequent retirement extension.)

Do I get this right?

Cheers all,

SR

Yes, that's correct. When applying first time for the Non Imm O Visa/extension for reason of retirement, using the +800K Funds in Bank Method, you only need to provide evidence that the funds on your personal Thai bank-account originated from abroad (and where seasoned the required time).  And that foreign-origin evidence only needs to be provided the first time you apply, and is not required anymore when applying for later 1-year extensions, where it would be just a matter of providing evidence that the funds continually stayed on a personal Thai bank-account and did meet the +800k/+400K requirement as applicable.

On 4/17/2024 at 11:23 AM, Red Phoenix said:

Thanks, would be interesting to hear whether your 1-year 'retirement' extension application is accepted using the +65K Monthly Income Transfer method, at the Jomtien Imm Office with NO pension statement. Keep us informed... 

Just got back from Jomtien immigration.  Got the extension, no problem, using the 65k monthly method.

In addition to the normal paperwork, I gave them the bank statements from my Thai account and bank alerts I printed out of email, showing withdrawals from my foreign account.  No other proof of pension was provided.

Can't guarantee that for anyone else, of course.  Just relating my experience, as of today.

Edited by QuantumQuandry
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Good work.

Bit surprised but shouldn't be.

Another 12 months locked in 

Maybe they had "The Spirit of SongKran"?  I don't know lol

But yes, big sigh of relief.  Always get anxious, dealing with immigration...

On 4/15/2024 at 10:30 AM, xylophone said:

That was the same as me in my situation.......until the IO got stroppy with me and "demanded" that I use the 800k in the bank method, which I promptly did, so as not to cause any problems with them. 

Quite understandable. I have always used an agency for this reason. while I am perfectly inline with qualifying for the year long extensions ... well, the agencies know of the most recent "interpretation" of the law/regulation, which personalities to avoid, if there is a new boss wanting to make changes, etc. Just worth the agency fee for my peace of mind. As to the 800K baht deposit in a Thai bank? Non-starter for me. My funds are invested in the USA and are earning me about $5,000 use a year. I am not willing to park a portion of those funds.

Edited by Wrwest
  • Like 1