Tom Cotton Doubles Down on Calls for Mob Violence Against Protesters

Social Media

image.png

Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas has sparked controversy once again with his recent statements advocating for mob violence against protesters. After facing backlash for his previous comments encouraging people to take matters into their own hands against peaceful demonstrators, Cotton is now doubling down on his endorsement of aggressive actions.

In a tweet shared on Tuesday morning, Cotton shared a video depicting climate protesters in France being forcibly removed from a road by angry drivers, seemingly approving of the aggressive approach. This comes just a day after he faced criticism for suggesting that protesters blocking the Golden Gate Bridge would have been thrown off if the incident had occurred in Arkansas.

Cotton's remarks have drawn widespread condemnation, with many expressing disgust at his apparent endorsement of vigilante violence. Even MSNBC's Joe Scarborough, among others, voiced his disapproval, highlighting the seriousness of a United States senator advocating for such actions.

While some may cheer Cotton's statements, it's important to remember that advocating for violence against others is not only morally wrong but also illegal. Assault and battery are serious offenses under the law, and promoting such behavior sets a dangerous precedent.

Critics have pointed out the irony of a Harvard-educated senator endorsing actions that directly contradict the principles of law and order. Instead of encouraging mob violence, leaders like Cotton should be promoting peaceful dialogue and constructive solutions to address grievances.

As the debate continues, Cotton's remarks serve as a reminder of the importance of upholding the rule of law and respecting the rights of all individuals, even those with whom we may disagree.

Source

image.png

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

I’m fine with arresting and booking people who block roadways impeding traffic and stopping folks getting to work ect but encouraging mob violence ahh nope he should be called out for this 

HAHAHA... typical liberal... all talk and no action... let the nanny state run your life.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Check out the source for this hit piece against Tom Cotton and people who are standing up for their rights to live their lives without dealing with the criminal element of "protestors"... at some point in time it is necessary to stand up to these bullies and push back... that time is near.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

HAHAHA... typical liberal... all talk and no action... let the nanny state run your life.

You are so funny you haven’t a clue as to what I’ve experienced in life.this  I will say I tend to want to discourage mob violence 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Tug said:

You are so funny you haven’t a clue as to what I’ve experienced in life.this  I will say I tend to want to discourage mob violence 

Ah... did you have a hard life... get over it... lots of people have had hard lives... 

If you tend to want to discourage mob violence as you claim then you should put forth some effort and not just rhetoric to quell mobs that really disrupt peoples lives... or do they get the free pass because they (in this case the protestors) are justified and the others (in this case the people trying to get to work) are not... who is the judge and jury as to that?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

So arresting and booking is 'talk and no action '.

• Agree 1

Check out the source for this hit piece against Tom Cotton and people who are standing up for their rights to live their lives without dealing with the criminal element of "protestors"... at some point in time it is necessary to stand up to these bullies and push back... that time is near.

But not the first amendment rights of others.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But not the first amendment rights of others.

The first amendment does not give one the right to criminal activity... obviously you are not familiar with the amendments responsibilities as well as the rights it affords.

• Like 1

Ah... did you have a hard life... get over it... lots of people have had hard lives... 

If you tend to want to discourage mob violence as you claim then you should put forth some effort and not just rhetoric to quell mobs that really disrupt peoples lives... or do they get the free pass because they (in this case the protestors) are justified and the others (in this case the people trying to get to work) are not... who is the judge and jury as to that?

Oh on the contrary my family and I are thriving I have a nice retirement social security + my pension + my rentals we my Thai wife of 40years and I  enjoy a nice modest retirement I’m not sure were you get all that other stuff in your post I’m guessing you are assuming a whole lot and we all know that saying about assuming things ehh?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I totally agree with Cotton.

Of course the police should do it. But when the police consistently fail the people, this is what happens.

The police are responsible for this scene, not citizens who have consistently been failed by them. 

• Like 1

Where Cotton is treading is not into a political swamp but just plain ol' thuggery.  It is so stupid that it can't be a mistake -- he is inciting violence, no way to deny it -- so I think he is positioning himself for 2028.  He is trying to appeal to you-know-who's fans.

He just another member of the Senate trying to distinguish himself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

It seems the courts agree with me, not you, which is why the idiot thugs are in jail.

Some of them need to be in prison.  But others are only guilty of walking through doors held open by cops and security waving them in.  In any non-dystopian world, that would be called entrapment.  But not in the 92.1% Biden voting Washington DC, and by the Biden controlled DOJ.

But that's not the point.  The point is that if you are going to stand up for the 1st amendment rights on the left, it's hypocritical (but completely unsurprising) to then clamp down on free speech from the other side.  Like Dem senators actually raising bail for BLM rioters who burned down city blocks, then demanding long prison sentences for gawkers walking through an open door into the Capitol.

Also, if you're following the current Supreme Court case, there's some pointed questions being asked about the unequal application of the laws that they may or may not have violated in quite a few contemporary cases, including Trump cases and Jan6.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I totally agree with Cotton.

Of course the police should do it. But when the police consistently fail the people, this is what happens.

The police are responsible for this scene, not citizens who have consistently been failed by them. 

Like in your country , politicians get involved in the affairs of policing.

The hard left radicals are famous for

these attacks! They are looking for

a desired response by unsuspecting pee’d off citizens.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/san-francisco/protest-golden-gate-bridge/3510362/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How is dragging someone out of the street who pretends to be lifeless and is blocking traffic mob violence? 

Isn't it a safety issue? Would any parent allow their child to just sit in the middle of a busy street?

Edited by Trippy

8 minutes ago, Trippy said:

How is dragging someone out of the street who pretends to be lifeless and is blocking traffic mob violence? 

Isn't it a safety issue? Would any parent allow their child to just sit in the middle of a busy street?

It’s a coordinated attack throughout my country!

“They're charging people with conspiracy because of the coordinated protest”.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/san-francisco/protest-golden-gate-bridge/3510362/

Chicago, New York , Florida California 

https://nypost.com/2024/04/15/us-news/hundreds-of-anti-israeli-protesters-wreak-havoc-in-downtown-nyc-disrupt-bridge-traffic-as-cops-make-arrests/

1 minute ago, riclag said:

It’s a coordinated attack throughout my country!

“They're charging people with conspiracy because of the coordinated protest”.

Chicago, New York , Florida California 

https://nypost.com/2024/04/15/us-news/hundreds-of-anti-israeli-protesters-wreak-havoc-in-downtown-nyc-disrupt-bridge-traffic-as-cops-make-arrests/

Yes I know it's a big problem, but I thought the topic was about the video in the op?

28 minutes ago, impulse said:

Some of them need to be in prison.  But others are only guilty of walking through doors held open by cops and security waving them in.  In any non-dystopian world, that would be called entrapment.  But not in the 92.1% Biden voting Washington DC, and by the Biden controlled DOJ.

But that's not the point.  The point is that if you are going to stand up for the 1st amendment rights on the left, it's hypocritical (but completely unsurprising) to then clamp down on free speech from the other side.  Like Dem senators actually raising bail for BLM rioters who burned down city blocks, then demanding long prison sentences for gawkers walking through an open door into the Capitol.

Also, if you're following the current Supreme Court case, there's some pointed questions being asked about the unequal application of the laws that they may or may not have violated in quite a few contemporary cases, including Trump cases and Jan6.

Who are the Activists organizing these coordinated attacks ! Cotton must bring attention to the efforts of These 

NPO’s and take away there tax status!

Can you imagine if this was a coordinated effort by a far right organization! Wrays goons would be front & center.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, riclag said:

Can you imagine if this was a coordinated effort by a far right organization! Wrays goons would be front & center.

They could end the foolishness with 1/10 of the effort they put into chasing down right wing protestors.  But they won't risk alienating the lefty voters, even the "Death to America" lefties.  They track cell phones and infiltrate the right wing groups because they know they're not going to vote the right way anyway.  No risk of losing those votes because they're already lost.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

They could end the foolishness with 1/10 of the effort they put into chasing down right wing protestors.  But they won't risk alienating the lefty voters, even the "Death to America" lefties.  They track cell phones and infiltrate the right wing groups because they know they're not going to vote the right way anyway.  No risk of losing those votes because they're already lost.

More conspiracy nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

More conspiracy nonsense.

If 8-10 different groups of right leaning protestors blocked traffic the same way on the same day in multiple cities across the country, they'd be filing RICO charges on them for coordinating.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

If 8-10 different groups of right leaning protestors blocked traffic the same way on the same day in multiple cities across the country, they'd be filing RICO charges on them for coordinating.

Or do you would have us believe.

But it’s just something you made up.