Thai man and foreigner clash over water splash dispute (video)

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

I could understand very clear what the British (I suppose) was shouting.

Not nice to use such words. Seems to be a lack of education and self control. 

I advise him not to be in Thailand during Songkran.....if he can afford.☺️

That is not a British accent, nor does it sound American, seems Scandinavian?

If some Thai ruins my 2500-euro a-piece hearing aids by splashing water unto it, a lot of good it will do to me to have the Thai's apologies. Can I file an insurance claim with the Thai's apology?

• Agree 1

Many years ago a friend and his girlfriend were in a tuktuk with 2 suitcases in bangkok going to the airport during songkran.
My friend was getting so pi77ed off at getting wet and shouting at everyone.
They were both soaked and covered in powder
All there clothes in the suitcase were soaked and were just about to have a flight back to the uk

worst part was it was not a direct flight so that added to the nightmare

His girlfriend said he was going crazy telling everyone to fk off
I would have loved to have been in a taxi next to them

• Sad 1

Songkran in Thailand, you have to expect the unexpected when it comes to water-splashing incidents..

That should be perfectly clear to anyone living here. Khun Song apologised and even bought the man a new cup of coffee. That should have been the end of it. 

Edited by Excogitator
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

The wife seems to think she is better than everyone as she pay soo much tax, and both the foreigner and his wife have anger management issues. They should just close shop in Thailand and move back to Farangland. Stupid people!

Is he Swiss ?

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

🥳🥳🥳🥳Noooooo, it pure British tongue. Are you ashamed?☺️

It seems you are, oh, and I corrected your English for you..........🤭

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Sorn mentioned that he bought the foreigner a new cup of coffee but his wife threw it away and accused him of speaking rudely

Was that Mrs B Smith ? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JackGats said:

If some Thai ruins my 2500-euro a-piece hearing aids by splashing water unto it, a lot of good it will do to me to have the Thai's apologies. Can I file an insurance claim with the Thai's apology?

Wear a bathing cap with Songkran flowers. init. 

petal-swim-cap-multi-retro-flower-bathing-cap_1.webp.7aa71dbc8aec7b77a03bb70a4890604a.webp

My bro who was visiting me in 2015 almost got into a fight across from Pratunam market with two Chinese guys who, despite our pleas not to spray us with water or powder, still threw almost a full bucket of water at him. We went through Silom, Sathorn, and some other places and weren't sprayed by anyone after pleading with them, but those particular guys just refused to listen to our entreaties. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, gravity101 said:

We only have one side to the story at the moment. The side of the story that makes the Thai guy look like an apologetic angel. From the video the yank does imply that he told them he was carrying green tea and they still splashed him after. I'd be upset too, not yank explosive upset of course, but still pretty miffed.

I agree, you get mad and yell at a Thai, they lose face, and that drives them nuts. Apologetic , not impossible, but highly unlikely. 

2 hours ago, ryxyz said:

My bro who was visiting me in 2015 almost got into a fight across from Pratunam market with two Chinese guys who, despite our pleas not to spray us with water or powder, still threw almost a full bucket of water at him. We went through Silom, Sathorn, and some other places and weren't sprayed by anyone after pleading with them, but those particular guys just refused to listen to our entreaties. 

The more you plead, the more they splash. Pretend you don't care, they might refrain .

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Which is mass hooliganism, to selfishly fire water at anyone in sight, whether they like it or not.

That is exactly what it is. That's why my last Songkran spend in Thailand was 20 years ago.

Never again. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

That is exactly what it is. That's why my last Songkran spend in Thailand was 20 years ago.

Never again. 

Being a cyclist your asking for it and not just during songkran

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

No, that are only for the a55h0les. The ones who respect Thailand and it´s people do not have to worry. Sue, you are right. Original Song Kran tradition is lost. However, this is the tradition of today. Everything evolves. The Thai guy ask for forgiveness and also bought him a new cup of coffee. Should have been fine with that.

Yes and the foreign man was calling  them fucz wits which got the crowd going. I'm ok with it all but then his Thai wife carried on like a pork chop.

Honestly a storm in a coffee cup but could have ended badly.

"Children" about sums it up.

Edited by sherwood
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

🥳🥳🥳🥳Noooooo, ist pure British toungue. Are you ashamed?☺️

Not ashamed in the slightest, but I know that isn't a British accent you muppet  😊😊

• Thumbs Up 2

Interesting laws once again, up to a month prison and 10,000 baht fine if water splashing results in a accident but up to 3 years jail and 60,000 baht if it breaks their iPhone.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Many years ago a friend and his girlfriend were in a tuktuk with 2 suitcases in bangkok going to the airport during songkran.
My friend was getting so pi77ed off at getting wet and shouting at everyone.
They were both soaked and covered in powder
All there clothes in the suitcase were soaked and were just about to have a flight back to the uk

worst part was it was not a direct flight so that added to the nightmare

His girlfriend said he was going crazy telling everyone to fk off
I would have loved to have been in a taxi next to them

Must have been a pair of dimwits to use a tuktuk going for any flight at Songkran.

Unless it was in a hot air ballon.