Thai man and foreigner clash over water splash dispute (video)

Is throwing water, without permission,  a form of assault, before anyong jumps on me, I do live in Thsiland, I love Songkran, but I can see people who don't,  it's not hard, if unsure, ask if it's ok.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

We only have one side to the story at the moment. The side of the story that makes the Thai guy look like an apologetic angel. From the video the yank does imply that he told them he was carrying green tea and they still splashed him after. I'd be upset too, not yank explosive upset of course, but still pretty miffed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Sorn mentioned that he bought the foreigner a new cup of coffee but his wife threw it away and accused him of speaking rudely. Sorn insisted he did not use offensive language or behave poorly towards the couple.

you behaved poorly when you sprayed them with dirty water in a petrol station - not very bright was it, you should have at least replaced the now contaminated coffee and apologized at the very least

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I could understand very clear what the British (I suppose) was shouting.

Not nice to use such words. Seems to be a lack of education and self control. 

I advise him not to be in Thailand during Songkran.....if he can afford.☺️

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

I could understand very clear what the British (I suppose) was shouting.

Not nice to use such words. Seems to be a lack of education and self control. 

I advise him not to be in Thailand during Songkran.....if he can afford.☺️

Gobbledegook..........🤔

• Confused 1

A few days ago I had to go shopping in Tukcom, on my return home I got on a baht bus and travelled the full distance of Second Road. As the traffic was very slow people on baht buses were subjected to a deluge of water from passing pick up trucks every time they had to stop. Surely they should ban water being thrown from the back of vehicles. As I've suggested many times unless these morons can tone it down heaps, the local Amphur should have designated water throwing areas. It would be much easier to patrol and the BIB's may well be surprised who they meet there.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Some supported Sorn, arguing that the couple should not go out if they did not want to get wet during Songkran.

This is why songkran sucks. There are no boundaries, everyone is fair game. You wanted to take a break and have a cup of coffee? Sorry drink my <deleted> water and stay home if you don't like it. It's Thai culture guys.

It's not polite to dump water in someone's coffee the rest of the year how does it become acceptable during a 3 day magic window? Nothing changes, your coffee is still ruined all the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, smedly said:

no they don't, these last few days I have avoided Hotspots for water fights and stayed dry,

Where I live there is literally no way I can leave my house without getting drenched by groups of teenagers. It's 100% about targeting people and seeing their reaction. That's why they put ice in the water. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

The same people blaming The Foreigner and degrading the Foreigner's Spouse! Is so typical on here. It happened in a petrol station, the Foreigner (racist as should be just man and his wife but the derogatory use "Foreigner and slighting his wife" is pure racist). I too would be so very angry at a grown man throwing water at me in a petrol station ruining my coffee and soaking me. This nonsense about respecting Thai Traditions or ever changing Thai Traditions. Well my Scottish Tradition or even male tradition  is to knockout a man out who throws a drink in my face!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1