Tourist Depressed At Condition Of Lopburi Zoo

image.jpeg

A THAI tourist who visited Lopburi zoo wrote about the pitiful condition of the animals in the current excruciating heat having noticed that there was no water in some cages but the zoo management headed off the criticism by saying the animals are being regularly given water with there being taps in the cages and monkeys know how to use it, Thai Rath newspaper said today (Apr. 17).

Facebook user Kritsada Chaisongkram posted pictures of animals at this zoo with a message saying: “RIP Lopburi zoo #Please state your opinion, since it’s like this, it’s better not to have it at all, I feel sorry for the animals.

“When I arrived I was not very impressed, it’s very hot in the cages, didn’t see water, in some cages the animals lay as if they were dead, there was not a drop of water, don’t know how they are giving water, or maybe they let the animals open the tap and drink themselves.”

by TNR Staff

TOP: Lopburi zoo animals. Photos from Kritsada Chaisongkram’s Facebook page and shared by Thai Rath

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-04-18

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The reason the zoo remains open is people like you pay to go to them... like Elephants parks... stay away.

Cheap Charlie say😂🤣😂

• Confused 2

i went to that zoo over 10 years ago. It was pathetic. Run down and dirty. Everything old and needed to be replaced. Would never return there it was that bad. They did not have many animals as well to be called a zoo. I saw more wildlife running wild at the train station there. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, thesetat said:

They did not have many animals as well to be called a zoo.

Reminds me of the joke:  I went to the zoo the other day, there was only one dog in it. It was a <deleted>zu.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

For decades, the PATA Department store in Bangkok with its "Pata Exotic Studio" it also calls a "Pata Zoo Company Limited" burps up in the media regularly - without any action whatsoever.

The way the owners flatly refuses any correction in how to handle all those caged animals - the gorilla tops the list - would book him a oneway ticket into a slammer in the West. As long as the authorities are turning a blind eye to it (against eventual "licensing fees"?) and visitors go there, pay for access and find it funny ........

Educational disaster to the gruesome reality of those animals, what a disgrace! 

Chiang Mai they just tried to setup people telling us they renovated it, for like 27 million baht. Turns out: nothing is renovated except some aquarium part, otherwise it is a S hole and I feel sorry for most animals there. They can't even make the zoo plastic and garbage free it seems. Better to close them if they can't run.

Cashiers are horrible too, I know multiple people incl myself where they would not believe my son was Thai, or I was the father lol AKA trying to rip me off.

Edited by ChaiyaTH