Mathematical Modelling - Restricted Job to Foreigners?

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Not restricted.

You do need 4 Thai employees to get a work permit for yourself and 4 more for every additional foreigner.

yes thanks, Ive made companies before and thats all ok, company setup that is no problem, i have genuine Thai partners. I would not be a shareholder and I will not be a director, and the company will employ Thais with degrees in mathematics and computer science.

My question is rather what is the restrictions of foreign job titles? I would like to refer to myself as "Head of Model Development and Research" and work in such a capacity. So I'm trying to understand if that can be the description on my work permit?

You opened a thread a few weeks ago, I guess its related unless you're modelling the weather. If you're trading with your own money for your own benefit, a prop shop essentially, then you can I'm sure you can be as flexible as you like and no one will care.

If it's a silly/weak workaround to essentially offering investment advice under some vague get-out-clause that your clients (or friends) are buying into a mathematical model, or recurring modelling advice, and even executing themselves then you will be truly, and rightfully, screwed the moment you learn that your clients/friends can also pretend, and they were never allegedly aware of the risks.

You're attempting to enter the most regulated industry outside of drugs, the back doors don't exist.

Edited by eyeman

25 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

yes thanks, Ive made companies before and thats all ok, company setup that is no problem, i have genuine Thai partners. I would not be a shareholder and I will not be a director, and the company will employ Thais with degrees in mathematics and computer science.

My question is rather what is the restrictions of foreign job titles? I would like to refer to myself as "Head of Model Development and Research" and work in such a capacity. So I'm trying to understand if that can be the description on my work permit?

What do you want with the company:

1. lease land
  2. investment advice
  3. mathematical modeling

2 hours ago, eyeman said:

You opened a thread a few weeks ago, I guess its related unless you're modelling the weather. If you're trading with your own money for your own benefit, a prop shop essentially, then you can I'm sure you can be as flexible as you like and no one will care.

If it's a silly/weak workaround to essentially offering investment advice under some vague get-out-clause that your clients (or friends) are buying into a mathematical model, or recurring modelling advice, and even executing themselves then you will be truly, and rightfully, screwed the moment you learn that your clients/friends can also pretend, and they were never allegedly aware of the risks.

You're attempting to enter the most regulated industry outside of drugs, the back doors don't exist.

The company will develop mathematical models of financial markets, no trading, model building and coding only, all staff will be Thai with at least BSc in Math.

"offering investment advice", no thank you, I am highly introverted!

24 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

The company will develop mathematical models of financial markets, no trading, model building and coding only, all staff will be Thai with at least BSc in Math.

"offering investment advice", no thank you, I am highly introverted!

How will you make money with that company?