Wrong visa stamp on arrival

On 4/20/2024 at 7:21 AM, Liquorice said:

The point being, the OP doesn't want a 30-day extension at this point.
They have planned a stay of 150 days, and a 30-day extension at this point would mean extra costs.

So, please tell us what other options OP has...:whistling:

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

So, please tell us what other options OP has...:whistling:

Good question.  Hopefully Samui immigration will correct stamp. Problem solved.

Not convinced that is a guarantee. 

Flights from Samui expensive back to Bangkok.

They mention 3 weeks on Samui then to "other islands" 

They can still achieve 150 day stay.

Just involves inconvenience and $$

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Years ago I had an issue where the IO only stamped me in for 11 days. God knows why but fortunately I looked at the passport whilst waiting for bags.

Straight back to desk and he corrected it

Ever since as I walk away from IO desk I check that stamp religiously every time

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Which is what I suggested...:whistling:

Not entirely, you also suggested a 30-day extension, which would cause a lot of inconvenience and added expense to their plans.

Edited by Liquorice

7 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Not entirely, you also suggested a 30-day extension, which would cause a lot of inconvenience and added expense to their plans.

I gave OP two options: 1) if she can get her entry stamp corrected; and 2) an extension, if she cannot get her entry stamp corrected. Not that difficult to understand...:whistling:

21 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I gave OP two options: 1) if she can get her entry stamp corrected; and 2) an extension, if she cannot get her entry stamp corrected. Not that difficult to understand...:whistling:

Already explained on page 1.
As usual, you jump in late without reading previous posts, repeat, then criticise.

It's not difficult to understand, but it would cause extensive inconvenience and unexpected extra expenses to go with option 2.

24 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Agree.

Also she mentioned only 20 day Samui then no firm plans other that more stays on islands.

Very frustrating OP.

Normally I would not care less however her situation it not as unusual as one would think.

Very unhelpful op. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:
1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Agree.

Also she mentioned only 20 day Samui then no firm plans other that more stays on islands.

Very frustrating OP.

Normally I would not care less however her situation it not as unusual as one would think.

Very unhelpful op. 

As mentioned earlier - the Op (Mia @miaclarkson03) should have her answer by now (will she report back and thank those who gave good advice).

As I see it.

- Mia was issued a 30 Visa exempt

- Mia is staying in Samui 20 days

- Mia can go to Samui Immigration and see if they'll rectify the error (of Bangkok Airport Immigration).

- If Samui will not rectify mistake Mia plans to move on (? - where)

- Mia can go to the Immigration office at the new location (wherever she has moved onto after 20 days) and attempt to rectify the issue there.

- If there is no solution at the 'new location' (wherever that is) she can get a 30 day extension - that screws up the longer term game-plan for her and her Boyfriend - but it keeps them in country legally.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Already explained on page 1.
As usual, you jump in late without reading previous posts, repeat, then criticise.

It's not difficult to understand, but it would cause extensive inconvenience and unexpected extra expenses to go with option 2.

I'm replying OP on OP's OP; I do't need to read all comments to do that, which is why I quote the opening post, so it's clear what I'm commenting. And you are very welcome not to read my comments, which will save you for of spending time complaining about my posts. And it would be more expensive to fly up to BKK to get entry stamp corrected – money seemed to be a important for OP...😉

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1