Israel supporter wears ‘Please do not arrest me’ hoodie in pointed message to Met

Social Media

image.png

In an act of defiance against what they perceive as unjust policing, an Israeli supporter made a bold statement during a recent counter-protest in London. Sporting a hoodie emblazoned with the words "Please do not arrest me," the individual sought to draw attention to a contentious incident involving the Metropolitan Police and a Jewish anti-Semitism campaigner.

The incident in question occurred when a Met officer reportedly threatened Gideon Falter, an "openly Jewish" advocate against anti-Semitism, with arrest during a pro-Palestinian march. The officer's remarks and actions sparked outrage and raised concerns about discriminatory policing practices.

Against this backdrop, the Israeli supporter's choice of attire at the counter-protest served as a potent reminder of the tensions surrounding issues of identity, activism, and law enforcement. By wearing the hoodie, they aimed to highlight the broader implications of the incident and to call attention to the need for fair and unbiased treatment by authorities.

Meanwhile, tensions between pro-Israel and pro-Palestinian groups have come to the forefront in London and other cities, with demonstrations and counter-protests often leading to confrontations. Against a backdrop of geopolitical conflict in the Middle East, these events have become flashpoints for activism and debate.

In response to the escalating tensions, law enforcement agencies face the challenge of maintaining public order while upholding the rights of all individuals to express their views peacefully. However, incidents like the one involving Gideon Falter highlight concerns about bias and discrimination within policing practices.

The Metropolitan Police's handling of the situation has drawn criticism from advocacy groups, who argue that more needs to be done to ensure the safety and rights of Jewish individuals during protests. Calls for accountability and transparency have intensified, with demands for concrete measures to address systemic issues within law enforcement.

As the debate continues, the hoodie worn by the Israeli supporter serves as a powerful symbol of resistance and solidarity. It serves as a reminder that the fight for justice and equality is ongoing, and that individuals must remain vigilant in challenging injustice wherever it occurs.

2024-04-22

Source

image.png

39 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is about Jews and the discrimination from the previous incident, you know, the one you never watched the vid of, lame deflection.

You got me wrong Brian, I think this is a fabulous idea, I’m sure there’s money to be made and indeed an important message to get across.

The Met have a long history of profiling members of certain communities:

3 hours ago, Social Media said:

It serves as a reminder that the fight for justice and equality is ongoing, and that individuals must remain vigilant in challenging injustice wherever it occurs.

I absolutely agree.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Deflection again about who this is referring to. I got you perfectly right, you refused to watch the vid where the blatant discrimination was evident yet still attempt to comment on it. Instead of calling the victim by his name or religion you referred to him only as an activist.

He was an activist.

As discussed in the thread in which he was the subject.

Anyway, I like the hoodie, I like the message. I hope it catches on.

The problem of the Met making arrests on the basis of pejorative profiling is long past needing addressing.

Well done to the guy wearing the hoodie.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

He was an activist.

As discussed in the thread in which he was the subject.

Anyway, I like the hoodie, I like the message. I hope it catches on.

The problem of the Met making arrests on the basis of pejorative profiling is long past needing addressing.

Well done to the guy wearing the hoodie.

What was his religion, what discrimination did the Met apply to him? Why did they do that? What did they apologize about after the incident? What is the Gov saying about this appalling incident? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

What was his religion, what discrimination did the Met apply to him? Why did they do that? What did they apologize about after the incident? What is the Gov saying about this appalling incident? 

The guy who’s the subject of this thread?

I don’t know much about him. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The guy who’s the subject of this thread?

I don’t know much about him. 

Either deliberate trolling or not bothering to read the OP. 

4 hours ago, Social Media said:

"Please do not arrest me," the individual sought to draw attention to a contentious incident involving the Metropolitan Police and a Jewish anti-Semitism campaigner.

• Like 2

In the first altercation, If an openly Jewish man wants to get into the middle of some Palestinian Arabs why doesn't he volunteer for the Israeli army instead of making a nuisance of himself in London.🤔

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

Don't members of the criminal fraternity favour hoodies? Can we expect a rash of such messages on their hoodies in the future?

Will the messaging work?

I hope the Met will arrest anyone that commits a crime, regardless of the criminal's ethnicity or any messages they may write on them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is about Jews and the discrimination from the previous incident, you know, the one you never watched the vid of, lame deflection.

To "progressives" Jews are too "white" to be considered "real" minorities. 

• Like 2

I read the OP, I even quoted it above.

I like the Hoodie, I rather hope it catches on.

Got it trolling and deflection then.

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No not at all.

I’ve clearly stated I like the hoodie, I like the message, I rather hope it catches on.

Now I accept the reason I like the hoodie and it’s message might not be precisely the same as someone else’s reason but that’s the thing with opinions, even when when folk agree something to be a good idea, they might come to that conclusion through a different perspective.

I like different perspectives too.

I definitely like the idea of the Met addressing the issue of making arrests on the basis of pejorative profiling.

Well done to the guy with his hoodie - I like it.

• Confused 2

No not at all.

I’ve clearly stated I like the hoodie, I like the message, I rather hope it catches on.

Now I accept the reason I like the hoodie and it’s message might not be precisely the same as someone else’s reason but that’s the thing with opinions, even when when folk agree something to be a good idea, they might come to that conclusion through a different perspective.

I like different perspectives too.

I definitely like the idea of the Met addressing the issue of making arrests on the basis of pejorative profiling.

Well done to the guy with his hoodie - I like it.

:saai:

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope the Met will arrest anyone that commits a crime, regardless of the criminal's ethnicity or any messages they may write on them.

Agreed, but the Met should not be pejoratively profiling anyone on the basis of ethnicity, religion or any other issue than their actual behavior as it relates to the law.

We are getting to the stage where as an expat, if I returned to the UK and walked around certain districts wearing a bowler hat I would have to careful about being arrested for being an openly white Englishman. What a sad and sorry place my home country has become. If I had remained in the country would my presence stopped the degeneration? Of course not. It's the elected politicians who have allowed and encouraged it. I shall never return. So sad.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

We are getting to the stage where as an expat, if I returned to the UK and walked around certain districts wearing a bowler hat I would have to careful about being arrested for being an openly white Englishman. What a sad and sorry place my home country has become. If I had remained in the country would my presence stopped the degeneration? Of course not. It's the elected politicians who have allowed and encouraged it. I shall never return. So sad.

Don’t worry, your fears are unfounded.