‘Antisemitic, unconscionable, and dangerous’: White House responds to chaos at Columbia

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I never said 30,000? That was Hamas.

Yes I thought you might round up Israeli lives. What's a few hundred here or there to you........

The Hamas numbers for casulties have proven to be quite acurate in the past.  Do you think the number of Palestinian deaths is less than or more than Israeli deaths ?

I rounded both numbers DOWN   for simplicity.

1 minute ago, johng said:

The Hamas numbers for casulties have proven to be quite acurate in the past.  Do you think the number of Palestinian deaths is less than or more than Israeli deaths ?

But this is not the past, Hamas have admitted themselves that a third of their numbers are from unverified sources and of course they also lump in the 14,000 estimated Hamas fighters that have been killed in with their totals

4 minutes ago, johng said:

UN seemingly halves estimate of Gazan women, children killed

On May 8, the UN published data showing 34,844 people had reportedly been killed, including 4,959 women and 7,797 children.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-800772

• Agree 1

On 5/12/2024 at 1:22 PM, Tropicalevo said:

So you admit that it is genocide against Israel.

Now the next point.

When the 'Palestinians' aka Hamas invaded. There was no warning. No options.

Israel has given plenty of warnings for the people in Gaza to leave.

Bur they either choose not to or the other 'Palestinians' will not let them.

By the way, I wonder why that other neighbour called Egypt doesn't let the people from Gaza into their country.

Maybe because the Egyptians know that they are terrorists?

The Palestinians live on their own land, yet you think they should go live somewhere else. That's a very strange attitude to have. It's almost like you think they have no right to live on their own land and should give it to someone else while going to live as a refugee in a different country.

Is that what you are saying?

• Agree 1

On 5/12/2024 at 11:10 AM, Bkk Brian said:

But this is not the past, Hamas have admitted themselves that a third of their numbers are from unverified sources

I should correct myself and say that the Palestinian authority ( not Hamas)  casualty figures have been mostly accurate in the past if anything they have underestimated the figures as many of the dead are buried under rubble or unmarked graves.

5 minutes ago, johng said:

I should correct myself and say that the Palestinian authority ( not Hamas)  casualty figures have been mostly accurate in the past if anything they have underestimated the figures as many of the dead are buried under rubble or unmarked graves.

The Palestinian Authority are not in Gaza.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The Palestinian Authority are not in Gaza.

So their figures are not historically accurate ?

Edited by johng

11 minutes ago, johng said:

So their figures are not historically accurate ?

No idea and don't care, this is about figures in Gaza given by Hamas whether they are historically accurate or not is nothing to do with the here and now.

• Confused 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

If I was you I'd catch up on the latest figures news from the UN. It has its own topic

If I was you I would already know who's figures you believe are the most accurate  but for some reason you won't tell me who's figures you believe ??

4 minutes ago, johng said:

If I was you I would already know who's figures you believe are the most accurate  but for some reason you won't tell me who's figures you believe ??

Here topic for you, this not it

UN Cuts Death of Women and Children in Gaza by Half

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

UN Cuts Death of Women and Children in Gaza by Half

So you believe the UN ?

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/05/13/middleeast/death-toll-gaza-fatalities-un-intl-latam/index.html

UN says total number of deaths in Gaza remains unchanged after controversy over revised data

The United Nations on Monday clarified that the overall number of fatalities in Gaza tallied by the Ministry of Health in Gaza remains unchanged, at more than 35,000, since the war broke out between Israel and Hamas on October 7.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, johng said:

So you believe the UN ?

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/05/13/middleeast/death-toll-gaza-fatalities-un-intl-latam/index.html

UN says total number of deaths in Gaza remains unchanged after controversy over revised data

The United Nations on Monday clarified that the overall number of fatalities in Gaza tallied by the Ministry of Health in Gaza remains unchanged, at more than 35,000, since the war broke out between Israel and Hamas on October 7.

The figures are not from the UN 😴 & I have stated that already in the appropriate topic. Are you scared to go on there and post? Or just like to off topic troll here?

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Are you scared to go on there and post? Or just like to off topic troll here?

Are you scared to tell me who's figures you believe ?...I am not trolling here just asking a simple question.

Just now, johng said:

Are you scared to tell me who's figures you believe ?...I am not trolling here just asking a simple question.

Why would I be scared to tell you anyone that believes Hamas needs their heads examining. I am not one of them. This is not about me though and yes you are off topic trolling

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, johng said:

So you believe the UN ?

The U.N is sticking to Hamas's figures .

The *Ministry of health in Gaza* are Hamas .

The U.N is ignoring and new revised figures and sticking with the Hamas figures , even though those Hamas figures have been shown to be impossible and  Incorrect .

The U.N are supporting Hamas 

• Confused 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Why would I be scared to tell you

Well then  why not just tell me which figures you believe ?   like pulling teeth  but as you just said you do not believe Hamas figures, 

Palestinian health authority figures ?

UN figures ?

IDF figures  ?????? 

and again I am not trolling just asking you a simple question

who's figures do you think are the most believable/accurate ?

I ask you on the other thread too  reply to either  here or there.

7 minutes ago, johng said:

Well then  why not just tell me which figures you believe ?   like pulling teeth  but as you just said you do not believe Hamas figures, 

Palestinian health authority figures ?

UN figures ?

IDF figures  ?????? 

and again I am not trolling just asking you a simple question

who's figures do you think are the most believable/accurate ?

I ask you on the other thread too  reply to either  here or there.

Please stop cutting and editing my posts. It's rude and against the rules

6 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The U.N is sticking to Hamas's figures .

The *Ministry of health in Gaza* are Hamas .

The U.N is ignoring and new revised figures and sticking with the Hamas figures , even though those Hamas figures have been shown to be impossible and  Incorrect .

The U.N are supporting Hamas 

Both the UN and US officials have previously appraised the figures from the Ministry of Health in Gaza as credible

USAID also provided input to the memo. "The killing of nearly 32,000 people, of which the GOI (Government of Israel) itself assesses roughly two-thirds are civilian, may well amount to a violation of the international humanitarian law requirement," USAID officials wrote in the submission.

USAID does not comment on leaked documents, a USAID spokesperson said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/some-us-officials-say-internal-memo-israel-may-be-violating-international-law-2024-04-27/

US officials seem to be accepting the figures as correct 

8 hours ago, johng said:

The poster you quoted needs to catch up on the latest news himself. The UN has stated that the death toll of Palestinians is indeed in the 30,000 + number. There was a misrepresentation of what the UN said, by the israeli sycophants.

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Both the UN and US officials have previously appraised the figures from the Ministry of Health in Gaza as credible

USAID also provided input to the memo. "The killing of nearly 32,000 people, of which the GOI (Government of Israel) itself assesses roughly two-thirds are civilian, may well amount to a violation of the international humanitarian law requirement," USAID officials wrote in the submission.

USAID does not comment on leaked documents, a USAID spokesperson said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/some-us-officials-say-internal-memo-israel-may-be-violating-international-law-2024-04-27/

US officials seem to be accepting the figures as correct 

They are again quoting Hamas's figures and they aren't independently verified 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The poster you quoted needs to catch up on the latest news himself. The UN has stated that the death toll of Palestinians is indeed in the 30,000 + number. There was a misrepresentation of what the UN said, by the israeli sycophants.

The poster you quoted needs to catch up on the latest news himself. 

The poster he quoted and who you are too ignorant to talk to directly knows full well that the figures quoted by the UN are unverified and from Hamas who themselves admitted over 10,000 are from media sources but wont say which ones. The same Hamas who admitted that the number of women and children totals are wrong by around half.

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

They are again quoting Hamas's figures and they aren't independently verified 

The United States Agency for International Development is an independent agency of the United States government that is primarily responsible for administering civilian foreign aid and development assistance

The figures are accepted by USAID and submitted in a report to the US  State Department

3 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The United States Agency for International Development is an independent agency of the United States government that is primarily responsible for administering civilian foreign aid and development assistance

The figures are accepted by USAID and submitted in a report to the US  State Department

Figures from Hamas and as the UN says:

“The United Nations’ teams in Gaza are unable to independently verify those figures given the prevailing situation on the ground and the sheer volume of fatalities,” an Ocha spokesperson, Jens Laerke, said. “It is for this reason that all figures used by the UN clearly cite the health ministry in Gaza as the source. The UN will verify these figures to the extent possible when conditions permit.”

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Figures from Hamas and as the UN says:

“The United Nations’ teams in Gaza are unable to independently verify those figures given the prevailing situation on the ground and the sheer volume of fatalities,” an Ocha spokesperson, Jens Laerke, said. “It is for this reason that all figures used by the UN clearly cite the health ministry in Gaza as the source. The UN will verify these figures to the extent possible when conditions permit.”

The Israeli embassy in the UK told us they think the total number of Hamas fighters killed is "between 10,000 and 12,000".

But they said it was hard to distinguish between civilians and combatants as many of them are not wearing military uniform and Hamas also has fighters who are aged 16 and 17.

BBC Verify has repeatedly asked the IDF for the detail of its methodology for counting Hamas fighter deaths but they have not responded.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68387864

It seems that IDF figures haven't been independently verified so those figures should be taken with a pinch of salt

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

The Israeli embassy in the UK told us they think the total number of Hamas fighters killed is "between 10,000 and 12,000".

But they said it was hard to distinguish between civilians and combatants as many of them are not wearing military uniform and Hamas also has fighters who are aged 16 and 17.

BBC Verify has repeatedly asked the IDF for the detail of its methodology for counting Hamas fighter deaths but they have not responded.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68387864

It seems that IDF figures haven't been independently verified so those figures should be taken with a pinch of salt

That was in Feb the same month that Hamas admitted 6,000 of their fighters were killed by the IDF. 

What's that got to do with the UN's disclaimers on the Hamas reported figures of civilian deaths?