‘Antisemitic, unconscionable, and dangerous’: White House responds to chaos at Columbia

image.png

In a stark warning against rising antisemitism, President Joe Biden has condemned recent events at Columbia University, labeling them as "Antisemitic, unconscionable, and dangerous." The President's statement, released on Sunday as a precursor to the Jewish holiday of Passover, underscored the need to confront and address antisemitism wherever it arises.

Biden's remarks were prompted by a series of troubling incidents at Columbia University, where protests have escalated in recent days. Reports emerged of pro-Palestinian activists making threats and engaging in acts of intimidation against Jewish students, prompting widespread concern over the safety and well-being of the Jewish community on campus.

The White House echoed Biden's sentiments, condemning the calls for violence and intimidation targeting Jewish students and the broader Jewish community. White House Deputy Press Secretary Andrew Bates emphasized that such behavior has no place on any college campus or within the United States as a whole. Bates characterized the rhetoric used by some protesters as "despicable," particularly in light of recent events in Israel and the ongoing fight against antisemitism.

The situation at Columbia University has garnered attention from lawmakers, with Representative Jared Moskowitz of Florida offering to walk with Jewish students on campus in a show of solidarity and support. Moskowitz's gesture underscores the need for collective action to combat antisemitism and ensure the safety of Jewish students in educational settings.

The protests at Columbia University have sparked broader conversations about antisemitism and the need for increased vigilance in combating discrimination and prejudice. President Biden reiterated his administration's commitment to addressing antisemitism, promising to implement measures outlined in the National Strategy to Counter Antisemitism.

As the Jewish community prepares to observe Passover, Biden's statement serves as a reminder of the ongoing struggle against hatred and intolerance. By speaking out against antisemitism and standing in solidarity with those affected by it, the President reaffirms the values of inclusivity, tolerance, and respect for all individuals, regardless of their religious or cultural background.

2024-04-23

Source

image.png

Words fail me, or at least words that I can use on the forum to express how I feel about what I just read.

If talking about hate and antisemitism, there is a certain country where one lot of Semites are attempting to eliminate a different lot of Semites, and they certainly talk about them in a hateful way.

If the White House is concerned about Columbia they might want to look at Biden's actions ( as opposed to his words ) which are giving free reign to the one lot of Semites to blow the other lot to bits with all those big bombs that Biden has been sending them.

One day Biden is going to wake up and realise a lot of Americans are not impressed with what he is doing in regards to that, and hopefully it will be on the day he finds out that he is unemployed, later this year.

When it happens I wonder if he'll blame all those "antiSemites" for being a loser.