Water tank empty daily, no visible water leaking anywhere

how241

1 hour ago, wwest5829 said:

That was my first thought. I think you may have nailed the problem since there is no leak.

I had a similar problem water main burst in the village all the water from my tank drained into the village system even though the stop cock was closed. Faulty stop cock which wasn't a apparent when the village water supply was at normal pressure 

4 hours ago, how241 said:
18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

When there is water (i.e. before the tank runs empty) - does the water pump run constantly ?

No,  the water pump runs the same as always.  Not so often.

Then the leak is between the tank and the pump.....

22 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It could be draining back into supply side if you don"t have a one way valve on it
and also if water pressure is not high enough , if you dont see a leak anywhere ,

that could be the problem.

regards worgeordie

A one-way valve is also called a check valve.

On 4/23/2024 at 2:56 AM, how241 said:

It's been fine for 6 years,  never had any problems.  The supply side adds water up high,  close to the top of the water tank so even if it was draining back it could only go down a little bit.  Now it goes down to almost empty. 

Check your toilets, it could be running down through the septic tank and out to the street drains, and your water bill should be high if its leaking away, call a water pump guy to have a look, very cheap but be weary of the septic tank guys, they will try you on. 

• Like 2