30 Deaths from Heatwaves in Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, arick said:

Its a lot higher then that. Neighbour died last night sitting in his bamboo hut with just a little  fan at 44 Celsius.

The tin roofs on these huts turn the insides into ovens during the hot season .. they are much cooler when roofed with

the traditional leaf roofing

9 hours ago, sherwood said:

The wife blacked out cutting grass for the buffalos today and was a bit crook for half the day.

I will give her half pay for the story.

Very hot near Korat.

Never mind all that…how are the buffaloes holding up …?

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Mickeem said:

The tin roofs on these huts turn the insides into ovens during the hot season .. they are much cooler when roofed with

His weather traditional roof nothing just bamboo

We've had 3 here in our small village of around 300 people in the last 10 days. However, all three were know to like a "serious" drink too. We've been on 40-43 degrees for last 2 weeks

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo 12345 said:

FFS,  30 people have died in Thailand because of sun stroke,   FFS we all know we're going to die,  seriously?

How many people died last year, or the year before? Did you bother to look. More than likely it’s just a normal year. But hey, that’s just the numbers… never mind those. Much better to get hysterical feelings involved.

Edited by stats
off topic diversion comment removed

18 hours ago, Mickeem said:

Seem to remember reading that a metal roof painted in a light colour is cooler than a tiled roof? Don't know anyone with a metal roof that isn't rust coloured so can't test. However, I know how hot our tiled roof is. Unbearably.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Seem to remember reading that a metal roof painted in a light colour is cooler than a tiled roof? Don't know anyone with a metal roof that isn't rust coloured so can't test. However, I know how hot our tiled roof is. Unbearably.

The PVC roof panels need to have insulation. Cement and ceramic tiles roof tiles are extremely hot I have them on my gym and I cannot even walk in there when it's 30 Celsius.

• Agree 1