What’s the latest on the LPG etc.?

Hi, I have a car. I love a Honda CRV 2003 very low mileage. It’s like a new car.

Only problem it cost me about four baht per kilometer for petrol.

Line.

When I think of using a petrol alternative PG or whatever I visualize the exhaust valves burning.

I can’t from saving money. I have room in the car for two spare wheels one on the back door and one under the storage space behind the rear seats and I believe tanks are made to fit these spaces so it’s ready made.

Have things been sorted out is it possible to go the Gas route wrecking engine? The most grateful for knowledgeable answer. 

My brother had a pickup that had a dual system.  You could switch between benzene and LPG.  It ran like doo doo and had a hard time going up hills.

Judging by the local LPG station hardly anyone is using it anymore.  About 10 years ago it was fairly busy.  It's rare to see a car there now.

Edited by rwill

Hi,

I have had a number of cars running on LPG since 2006.

I had a 2003 Nissan Cefiro V6 running on LPG the engine ran 250,000 kms before I sold it to a friend.

They recently upgraded the LPG system to a local made system. The car has now covered 325,000 kms.

No problems with the valves yet.

Most Bangkok taxi run on LPG and a lot of the taxi have done over 500,000 kms.

2 years ago I got a Toyota Camry 2013 model it was costing nearly 4 baht a kms

I had the car converted to LPG for 20K baht and it cost 1.5 baht a kms.

The car is running fine with no problems.

I also had a Ford focus 2.0 for a which was already on LPG when I got it. The Ford was a big bag of trouble on LPG and petrol. 

I think if you find a good installation garage for the LPG you should have no problem.

Edited by ruddick
Correct errors

I have a 2004 Toyota Vios with 150,000 km  on dual fuel, 90% on LPG. It runs fine, no distinguishable difference between petrol or LPG performance and much more economical on LPG. It hasn't given me any problems. I think it may depend on the quality of the system regarding reliability.

• Agree 1