Ramkhamhaeng Demonstration School

Does any one have any opinions on Ramkhamhaeng Demonstration School, specifically the newer campus in Banga?

I have read some views about other Demonstration Schools being some of the best public schools, but can't find much about this school (in English anyway).

My Thai neighbor suggests this school this as a possible good option, he is thinking of sending his son there when old enough.  He's an engineering manager at Suvarnabhumi and studied at Uni in the UK, so like to think he has some experience of judging educational institutes.

Looking for schooling options for my little one, and the EP here could be suitable.  Prices range from 145,200 - 188,100 for Kinder - Prathom 6

First, apologies but I don’t know much about this Demonstration School. However, I can tell you a bit about our son’s education from kindergarten to senior high school in Bangkok. That might be helpful to you.

Foundations are key. Therefore, for kindergarten, our son went to English Program at a very good private school (where he got standard curriculum with Thai, English, etc. + Chinese, piano, etc.). Luckily, this school was in our neighbourhood.

Then, for his primary and junior high school levels, he studied at a local private school (English Program). We didn’t want him to commute too much and too far at this age. In addition, he continued to study the piano (private lessons at home) and studied French at Alliance Française.

In order to get a balanced education, he learnt how to swim, how to play tennis and played football in a club.

Eighteen months before the end of his junior high school curriculum, he started to go to a tutorial school (5 hours every Sunday, focused on Maths and Science).

In March, he took 2 entrance exams: Triam Udom Suksa School and Satit Prasarnmit Demonstration School. He got both and chose to join Triam Udom Suksa School Science & Maths.

From our own experience, but YMMV, your kid will have to rely on 3 elements: good brains, hard work & luck.

Edited by Fab5BKK
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1