DWP in the UK new powers from January 2025

A new law is being passed for the DWP in the UK to stop fraud, as from January 1st 2025 they will be able to access bank accounts where they suspect fraud may be taking place, all UK banks and building societies will be included by 2030. Thy will be looking at benefits claimed if you have over 16k in savings and also particularly highlighted, pensioners living abroad who claim to still have a UK address but out goings are going abroad. Data protection seems to mean nothing, privacy nothing. Another nail in Democracy, its the sort of thing I expected from behind the "Iron Curtain " this is in addition to all the surveillance cameras and phone location, things are not what they used to be. Soon the powers that be, the ones voted in will be able to ell you where you can and cannot spend your money.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
44 minutes ago, nong38 said:

A new law is being passed for the DWP in the UK to stop fraud, as from January 1st 2025 they will be able to access bank accounts where they suspect fraud may be taking place, all UK banks and building societies will be included by 2030. Thy will be looking at benefits claimed if you have over 16k in savings and also particularly highlighted, pensioners living abroad who claim to still have a UK address but out goings are going abroad. Data protection seems to mean nothing, privacy nothing. Another nail in Democracy, its the sort of thing I expected from behind the "Iron Curtain " this is in addition to all the surveillance cameras and phone location, things are not what they used to be. Soon the powers that be, the ones voted in will be able to ell you where you can and cannot spend your money.

This was discussed quite a few weeks ago, just waiting for Transam!

Yet the DWP has repeatedly acknowledged their is no possible fraud linkage as to OAP.   If you could possibly in your own good time please direct me to the wording that indicates fraudulent behaviour that indeed would be sanctioned /punishable/stoppage of OAP

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, nong38 said:

pensioners living abroad who claim to still have a UK address but out goings are going abroad.

I have no foreign payments leaving my UK bank account or debit card.

If I had such payments my UK bank would cancel my bank account.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 1
4 minutes ago, Tiber said:

Yet the DWP has repeatedly acknowledged their is no possible fraud linkage as to OAP.   If you could possibly in your own good time please direct me to the wording that indicates fraudulent behaviour that indeed would be sanctioned /punishable/stoppage of OAP

Look who's turned up, with NO evidence, AGAIN..................🤣

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Look who's turned up, with NO evidence, AGAIN..................🤣

All you have to do Sweet pea is open DWP website, there is all the information to hand.  No nothings of "printed documents"  but for yerself and dumber I'm sure could conjure up a page or two (even three) to suit your never ending losses

• Haha 1
Just now, Tiber said:

All you have to do Sweet pea is open DWP website, there is all the information to hand.  No nothings of "printed documents"  but for yerself and dumber I'm sure could conjure up a page or two (even three) to suit your never ending losses

I don't need too, you need too, you are the one spouting fleece the Gov and commit fraud, it is for YOU to provide the evidence, but you can't because there is none............😆

How many times have you been buried here with all your different usernames, embarrassing or what............😄

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I have no foreign payments leaving my UK bank account or debit card.

If I had such payments my UK bank would cancel my bank account.

Specifically not OAP,  but more to do with long term issues Pension Credit, UC, PIP AA payments, Sickness payments, housing and so on.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, transam said:

I don't need too, you need too, you are the one spouting fleece the Gov and commit fraud, it is for YOU to provide the evidence, but you can't because there is none............😆

How many times have you been buried here with all your different usernames, embarrassing or what............😄

Is this the best you can do?, the absolute best? Its hardly worthy of a five year old.

Look under Sanctionable punishments DWP   ,go on look (if you can)     Spyglass OAP....nothing, never will be.   You can live under the misery of being frozen  ,and I like it,    as the singalong goes  "Let it be,Let it be "   lol

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Tiber said:

Is this the best you can do?, the absolute best? Its hardly worthy of a five year old.

Look under Sanctionable punishments DWP   ,go on look (if you can)     Spyglass OAP....nothing, never will be.   You can live under the misery of being frozen  ,and I like it,    as the singalong goes  "Let it be,Let it be "   lol

Very funny, post the link then, are you able to post links..........?    🤣

I mentioned this the other day elsewhere when it was raised on the DWP own website

The state pension or OAP as many call it is not sanctionable in any way. It cant be stopped or over payments recovered from

I'm not going looking for the exact passage of text before someone asks for a link but I to was very surprised likewise

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Is there something in there about prosecution to get their money back, and/or to revert your pension to the date they estimate you left the UK to claim that money back, if so, could you point it out please.....?   😉

I mean, this was sent to me regarding my pension..... Scan.jpg.5796b54b40b2c155b2a21b89a8226728.jpg

Adult Dependency Increase.

I do not know exactly what you are trying to indicate with reference to OAP, likened to requirement to having a licence for a dog

You want to pipe down and go away,anybody living in Th with unfrozen pension knows they are untouchable

Just now, Tiber said:

Adult Dependency Increase.

I do not know exactly what you are trying to indicate with reference to OAP, likened to requirement to having a licence for a dog

You want to pipe down and go away,anybody living in Th with unfrozen pension knows they are untouchable

More guesswork then, thank you.........🤗

54 minutes ago, transam said:

I'm here, I'm here............:intheclub:

You, I and many AN members are still living on this planet!

Unfortunately there are certain members who are "away with the fairies" and incapable of making comprehensible posts with collaborating info when asked.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, transam said:

More guesswork then, thank you.........🤗

More like guessing you will be up to next, its pure bunkum, just like your passport stunts, etc etc etc   it pure jealousy, you haven't got it, nor should anybody else

• Confused 1
Just now, scottiejohn said:

You, I and many AN members are still living on this planet!

Unfortunately there are certain members who are "away with the fairies" and incapable of making comprehensible posts with collaborating info when asked.

For you Id say go rest yer 'ead down

• Confused 2
3 minutes ago, Tiber said:

More like guessing you will be up to next, its pure bunkum, just like your passport stunts, etc etc etc   it pure jealousy, you haven't got it, nor should anybody else

I don't think so, more like you worried about committing fraud........🤭

Just now, transam said:

Just as I thought, you cannot answer my questions, which I have asked many times of you, over the years...............:clap2:

What questions specifically have I not answered?

I have shown you linkage to what you requested  (benefit fraud)  none therein.

It seems yourself through abject jealousy and the eyewatering losses you have suffered want to drag everybody down that hole with you

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, Tiber said:

What questions specifically have I not answered?

I have shown you linkage to what you requested  (benefit fraud)  none therein.

It seems yourself through abject jealousy and the eyewatering losses you have suffered want to drag everybody down that hole with you

Same ol' trollop. Nothing in Gov writing about the questions I asked you, what a surprise.....😂

UK pension is not stopped if you get caught fiddling, but it is reduced to the rate they say you moved to LOS, then they want the overpayment back, that is fact....

Is Tiber a bit worried about getting caught, yoooou bet.......😁

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Well thanks all for making it all perfectly clear ............:unsure:

Benefit is not the OAP. So my 'friend' will get reported for sending money overseas once a year, or not. ?????

UP state pension is classed as a benefit.

I think the dots are beginning to line up, the big brother PC is collecting all the data, the PC will issue the letters, man will deal with the final nail......😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Tiber said:

Specifically not OAP,  but more to do with long term issues Pension Credit, UC, PIP AA payments, Sickness payments, housing and so on.

Absolutely correct, with the aim of tracking down many of the above payments

which are sent abroad by fraudsters. 

Unfortunately, this in turn will have the effect of ensnaring OAPs living abroad and

still claiming a UK address to maintain a full pension.

The good news is the DWP says it is only going to be rolled out on a test basis from

next year and then take five years to fully implement..