Renewal of US Passport from Pattaya

Danderman123

If you are in Pattaya, the only Agent that I know of that will handle USA passport renewals is Key Visa on the soi adjacent to Big C South - use Google to search for their web page. 

Two of my friends used them very recently to renew their passports because they didn't want to go through the mail in process themselves. The first one to use it recommended them to the 2nd one.  The first one said he went to several agents in Pattaya, but found that only Key Visa would do USA passport renewals (they also handle UK passport renewals).  Their fee, includes passport renewal fee and the postage, is 10,000 baht.  The first one received his passport after a 4 week wait and the second after a 3 week wait. 

The first one also used them to do the transfer of stamps at Pattaya Immigration for a fee of 2,500 baht. The second one planned to use them, but was waiting until next week when they could also do his 90 day address report as a visit to Immigration is required when there has been a change in passport numbers. They said they would do the 90  day for an additional 500 baht.  However, that friend has now decided to use a different agent for that purpose - VIP Visa on Jomtien 2nd Road near Soi Wat Boon intersection - as a mutual friend who went through the mail in process lives in the Jomtien area and used VIP Visa to get the transfers done  and was charged a fee of 500 baht. 

Edited by soisanuk
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

If you are in Pattaya, the only Agent that I know of that will handle USA passport renewals is Key Visa on the soi adjacent to Big C South - use Google to search for their web page. 

Two of my friends used them very recently to renew their passports because they didn't want to go through the mail in process themselves. The first one to use it recommended them to the 2nd one.  The first one said he went to several agents in Pattaya, but found that only Key Visa would do USA passport renewals (they also handle UK passport renewals).  Their fee, includes passport renewal fee and the postage, is 10,000 baht.  The first one received his passport after a 4 week wait and the second after a 3 week wait. 

The first one also used them to do the transfer of stamps at Pattaya Immigration for a fee of 2,500 baht. The second one planned to use them, but was waiting until next week when they could also do his 90 day address report as a visit to Immigration is required when there has been a change in passport numbers. They said they would do the 90  day for an additional 500 baht.  However, that friend has now decided to use a different agent for that purpose - VIP Visa on Jomtien 2nd Road near Soi Wat Boon intersection - as a mutual friend who went through the mail in process went to them to get the transfers done  and was charged a fee of 500 baht. 

Some months ago Integrity Legal of the well known youtube channel ("an American lawyer in Bangkok") announced on youtube that they were opening a branch in Jomtien (perhaps Soi 7) and that they would be doing this service as well. Definitely an American-centric firm with lots of business with the US embassy.

HOWEVER, I see nothing online about this new office since!

Does anyone know if they are actually open or will open?

With Key Visa, is the new passport mailed to the agent's office or the client's home?

Edited by Jingthing

23 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Are there agents who can handle renewal of US passports in Pattaya?

I am aware of the mail in process, but am looking for agent to make it easier.

Agents can not help you... They can not even help anyone when it comes to US PASSPORTS or VISAs. The only thing an agent can do is help you fill in the forms and tell you what is required. You only have 2 choices.. Go to Bangkok Embassy or do the mail-in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, thesetat said:

Agents can not help you... They can not even help anyone when it comes to US PASSPORTS or VISAs. The only thing an agent can do is help you fill in the forms and tell you what is required. You only have 2 choices.. Go to Bangkok Embassy or do the mail-in. 

Can you drop your passport off at the American Embassy and they do the renewal then you go pick it up when its ready?

5 hours ago, soisanuk said:

The first one also used them to do the transfer of stamps at Pattaya Immigration for a fee of 2,500 baht. The second one planned to use them, but was waiting until next week when they could also do his 90 day address report as a visit to Immigration is required when there has been a change in passport numbers. They said they would do the 90  day for an additional 500 baht.  However, that friend has now decided to use a different agent for that purpose - VIP Visa on Jomtien 2nd Road near Soi Wat Boon intersection - as a mutual friend who went through the mail in process lives in the Jomtien area and used VIP Visa to get the transfers done  and was charged a fee of 500 baht. 

10,000 is not a bad price .....Does this include EVERY THING? Or is this just their fee and you still have to pay the passport renewal fees?

Edited by redwood1

20 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Can you drop your passport off at the American Embassy and they do the renewal then you go pick it up when its ready?

You can.. or you can leave it and give them a mailing address to send it to you. I recently took this route. Dropped my passport off and they mailed me a new one. Took about 4 weeks to get it in the mail. But that was longer because they required specific information about my mom and father that I did not have and had to resubmit some information to them

Don't think the mail process can get any easier.   What is the agent actually going to do for you,  Drop it off at the post office for you.  

59 minutes ago, thesetat said:

Agents can not help you... They can not even help anyone when it comes to US PASSPORTS or VISAs. The only thing an agent can do is help you fill in the forms and tell you what is required. You only have 2 choices.. Go to Bangkok Embassy or do the mail-

They actually can help. Their services are not necessary and overpriced for most people, but there is a market for hand holding types of assistance. 

On 4/27/2024 at 12:37 PM, redwood1 said:

10,000 is not a bad price .....Does this include EVERY THING? Or is this just their fee and you still have to pay the passport renewal fees?

Key Visa's fee is all inclusive -their fee,  the passport fee, and postage (mailing to Embassy in Bangkok and prepaid postage for return mail envelope). 

They handle everything - only two visits needed - drop off passport, provide information they need for application, sign a blank renewal application form, provide passport and photo (they will take the photo, but they prefer you to bring in your own), pay the 10,000 baht fee.    The second visit is to return to pick up the new and old passport.    Note: they will offer to have stamps transferred for a fee of 2,500 bah - BUT you can do that yourself (no fee at Immigration) or use other less costly agents. While other agents will not do the passport renewal, they do provide other Immigration services such as the transfer.   

Another friend of mine who is mobility impaired did his renewal using the mail in process to the Embassy.  He used an agent to go to Immigration to transfer stamps from the old to the new for a fee of 500 baht. 

As to the previous comment regarding using an agent for "hand holding" is not always the reason.   For those that can afford it as were my friends, they chose to pay a fee for the agent to handle everything.

They did not want to have to make a round trip from Pattaya to Bangkok to "drop off" their passport (as I understand it, you first need to get an appointment online beforehand and will not be admitted into the building until 15 minutes prior to your appointment time).  

Further, they didn't want to be bothered with what they considered a "hassle" to do it themselves by the mail in process. 

As often said here, its Up to You! 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

The fee for regular service is $130 usd....expedited service is $190.  That is the US passport office fees.  Easy to do yourself.  Fill out forms on line...attach a 2 inch by 2 inch photo, a check for the fee, and your old passport.  All explained on line.

Edited by pomchop

I used these folks last year to renew my US passport:

https://thaivisa-express.com/

I cannot speak highly enough about their service. They caught a mistake (f***ing photo shop sold me UK photos vice US photos) that would have been costly. To me that was WELL worth the small added expense and the girls are quite fetching there to boot.

51 minutes ago, pomchop said:

The fee for regular service is $130 usd....expedited service is $190.  That is the US passport office fees.  Easy to do yourself.  Fill out forms on line...attach a 2 inch by 2 inch photo, a check for the fee, and your old passport.  All explained on line.

How long does the renewal take?

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I used these folks last year to renew my US passport:

https://thaivisa-express.com/

I cannot speak highly enough about their service. They caught a mistake (f***ing photo shop sold me UK photos vice US photos) that would have been costly. To me that was WELL worth the small added expense and the girls are quite fetching there to boot.

Their office is in Bangkok, right?

oops, I confused them with Thai Visa Centre.

To be clear, Thai Visa Express handles US passport renewal?

Edited by Danderman123

These are the requirements as sent to me:

Original Passport
- 3 photos of 2x2 inches (5x5 cm) in white background
- TM 30
- 90 days report
- Original document from Thai Government (if have)
ex. Thai driving license / Residence certificate
- Original evidence of U.S. citizenship
ex. U.S. birth certificate / Certificate of Citizenship
- Original name verification document
ex. Social Security card / U.S. driving license

TM-30 is a website, so they want a screenshot?

I'm supposed to produce my birth certificate? Do you guys have your birth certificate on hand?

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Their office is in Bangkok, right?

oops, I confused them with Thai Visa Centre.

To be clear, Thai Visa Express handles US passport renewal?

I sure wish they would fix their website.

YES, they also do American passports. VERY proficient and great folks to deal with. Just off of Soi Buakhao.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The renewal time seems to vary - the renewal application with photos are sent by the Embassy to the State Department. So the time it takes will depend on the volume of passport renewals being processed at that time.

My friend that did his own said it took 11 weeks for him to get it.  This was several months ago.

My friends that used Key Visa received their passports after 4 weeks in one case (his was applied for about 4 months ago) and in the other it took 3 weeks (his was within the last 2 months).

The Embassy's website, if I recall correctly, says the mail in process will take 6 to 8 weeks.

Edited by soisanuk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

if you pay the extra $60 expedite it is less than a month from time embassy receives it...otherwise for $130 may take up to 12 weeks....

Edited by pomchop

22 minutes ago, pomchop said:

if you pay the extra $60 expedite it is less than a month from time embassy receives it...otherwise for $130 may take up to 12 weeks....

Pay extra so your passport goes to a non-equity employee and it gets done properly... problem is that that ONE non-equity employee is so busy that even with the overtime he cannot keep up. 

19 hours ago, pomchop said:

From US Embassy Bangkok:

Please note:

There are NO “expediting services” overseas.

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/

My mail in took about 3 weeks with no proof other than old passport:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1318907-renewing-us-passports-possible-to-guesstimate-new-issued-on-date/?do=findComment&comment=18667914

• Like 1