Cancelling Work Permit and Non B Extension

My office are unable to keep my Non B extensions going this year.

The extension lasts until October, but I'm leaving Thailand in June anyway.

So far, I've gathered that I should send my work permit to the office, along with a resignation letter, which they will then cancel for me. They may do this after I've already left the country.

Do I need to do anything with my passport or the immigration department? Or can I just leave the country (without reentry permit) as my method of cancelling my current extension?

My extension stamp in from CW (Bangkok), but I'm based in Chiang Mai now, and would prefer not to have the hassle of going to BKK to cancel the extension, if avoidable.

I have new employment lined up for 2025, so I will be back, and would prefer all my ducks in a row, before applying for a new Non B

Luckily, I do have dual nationality, and can apply for a new visa in my second passport, to potentially avoid the Kafka-esque visa issues that occasionally pop up.

If anyone knows the ins and outs, that'd be fantastic.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I don't see any reason to use a different passport. If you play be the rules, they appreciate that.

Thanks

Actually my two passports overlap, so the other one is now fully blank and lasts for 10 years. The one with my current visa is 2/3s full, and expires in 2 years.

Not trying to hoodwink immigration or anything like that.