Refrigerator door gasket replacement.

how241

I have a 10 year old Mitsubishi fridge that works great.  The gasket on the door is cracked.  Anyone have any info on who might come out and replace it and the cost involved.  I am located on soi Khao Talo,  dark side.  The refrigerator is about 12 cubic feet. I paid about 12,000 baht for it a long time ago so I don't know if this is a worthwhile thing to do.  I don't feel any cold air leaking out and it is not sweating around the door area.  Possible , this is just one of those things that is better left alone ???  I don't want to hunt around for the part and do it myself. 

Anyone know of any shops that sell and deliver second hand fridges ?    Thanks for any info.

Edited by how241

Think about upgrading to one with an inverter.

More economical.

if you want to keep the old one, just call the Mitsubishi service people in your area but they will probably quote a high price for parts and hope to sell you a new one.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

More economical.

if you want to keep the old one, just call the Mitsubishi service people in your area but they will probably quote a high price for parts and hope to sell you a new one.

I agree with you.

Buy a new one which is more efficient.

And, I just hope that nobody here will forget to calculate the EER before choosing a refrigerator brand and model.

For example:

image.png.1d0699cf0a2f1e8c157f5436d8f98ec2.png

https://refexperts.com/understanding-energy-efficiency-ratings-for-refrigerators/

• Like 1

If I were to buy a refrigerator, tomorrow, and I had about Bt.12000 to spend, in 2014 dollars, since you purchased the fridge 10 years ago for Bt.12,000...

Then I would get this unit:

image.png.e8518a0a9f8ffcd6e80d5b8cf0163884.png

But, I would buy it where I could get the 20-year warranty for the compressor.

Also, I would try to buy it for about Bt.15,000.00, at a store that would give me this price, approximately.

Also, I would want to know the power consumption, in watts.

But, as you can see from the Homepro website, and other websites which sell this item, the maximum power consumption in watts is not listed.

Why, IDK, really.

So, this is why I have taken this photo, attached, which shows additional data which might be of interest.

image.thumb.png.92a23fed44197009c4aa68b34b70123a.png

image.thumb.png.418a2f6da36c019383c0170e4a7bf35f.png

Now, for some strange reason, it seems that Samsung has not listed the EER for this refrigerator on retailer websites, or on the refrigerator, either.

What is the cooling output in BTUs or Kcals?

Looking at this info, nobody would have the foggiest.

I suppose one could call the manufacturers of refrigerators in Thailand before making a final choice.

But, is this not overly inconvenient?

I mean, don't people here in Thailand wish that they had easier access to this type of appliance-efficiency information, either at the store, or on the website, or on the machine itself?

Very strange it seems....

• Thanks 1

Concerning door seals.

The Samsung machine, listed above, uses a very strong vacuum to securely pull the door tightly shut.

Almost impossible to get the door open for the first two seconds after closing it.

A very nice feature which probably leads to higher efficiency.

And, it seems to me that the walls of this refrigerator are quite thick, due to the thickness of the insulation.

It would be nice if the manufacturer would provide more comprehensive data about such considerations.

Insulating characteristics of refrigerators are just as important/more important as EER ratings.

But, then, how to obtain this data for a refrigerator?

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

More economical.

Just 'retired' our Mitsubishi Prezio after about 15 years.  Door seals were shot and the carcass was starting to rust out in its nether regions.  Not worth fixing so replaced with a TCL four-door inverter.  I hope that this wasn't a mistake, being a Chinese make, but TCL seem to have a reasonable reputation.  Cost was around 12000 Baht but we got it a bit cheap through a contact in the hotel trade.  Seems fine so far but time will tell.

• Like 1

A trick to keep the accordion plastic seal flexible longer is to take a dab of Vaseline and thinly coat both inside and outer surfaces.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, degrub said:

A trick to keep the accordion plastic seal flexible longer is to take a dab of Vaseline and thinly coat both inside and outer surfaces.

Wash rinse and give it a shot of silicone spray.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, how241 said:

Mitsubishi fridge that works great.  The gasket on the door is cracked.  Anyone have any info on who might come out and replace it

Amorn parts for most white goods, basement Tukcom. 

Namchai is Pattaya service centre for Mitsubishi 

You say works well, might be an idea to repair, it's would be a good beer fridge. 

IMG_20240427_160306.jpg

IMG_20240427_160140.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 11:55 PM, how241 said:

I have a 10 year old Mitsubishi fridge that works great.  The gasket on the door is cracked.  Anyone have any info on who might come out and replace it and the cost involved.  I am located on soi Khao Talo,  dark side.  The refrigerator is about 12 cubic feet. I paid about 12,000 baht for it a long time ago so I don't know if this is a worthwhile thing to do.  I don't feel any cold air leaking out and it is not sweating around the door area.  Possible , this is just one of those things that is better left alone ???  I don't want to hunt around for the part and do it myself. 

Anyone know of any shops that sell and deliver second hand fridges ?    Thanks for any info.

I got mine direct from Mitsubishi in Bangkok and fitted it myself.

I contacted them through FB and used messenger to order and confirm payment before shipment.

This was about 5 years ago.