60 Day Extension On Non O Visa

Hi,

I'm British, over 50 and have a Non O visa based on supporting my Thai daughter who I brought up on my own. I have never been married and I am not with my child's mother.

My current 12 month extension expires in just over 2 weeks however my daughter is currently overseas and won't be back in Thailand for another 6 weeks.

As she needs to go with me when I submit my application for a 12 month extension I want to apply for a 60 day "Visit Thai Family Members Extension" to bridge the gap until she returns to Thailand.

Does someone know the price for this extensions and the documents required.

Thanks.

PS - I am not interested in a retirement visa.

4 minutes ago, Siamesepiggster said:

My current 12 month extension expires in just over 2 weeks however my daughter is currently overseas and won't be back in Thailand for another 6 weeks.

You have same issue with 60 day extension. Child must be with you.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1155570-visa-exempt-entry-can-be-extended-for-60-days-visit-family/

• Like 1

The price is 1,900 Baht at Immigration.

Perhaps a 'work around' is to leave Thailand via Land Border ( Laos or Cambodia ) and re-enter Visa Exempt.

That Visa Exempt can be extended ONCE for 30 days.

That would yield you 30 days + 30 days  for a total of 60 Days.

3 minutes ago, FARANG KIWI said:

Perhaps a 'work around' is to leave Thailand via Land Border ( Laos or Cambodia ) and re-enter Visa Exempt.

That would kill off the non O and he would need to start over.

However might be only option

1 minute ago, Siamesepiggster said:

DrJack54 - Noted. Thanks as I wasn't aware of that.

If you are handy to immigration might be worth having chat with them re your circumstances. 

@DrJack54

I was also thinking of going to immigration to casually ask if they can do anything to help with my 12 month extension given mu circumstances.

Not sure if it's allowed to be discussed here but having done 12 month extensions for more than 10 years based on supporting my Thai daughter, the last 2 years they have told me that my application can't be processed due to some trivial technicality in my documents - but they can process it if I (let's put it this way) - "increase" the application fee. Same person both times and I know that person is still there.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that it depends on the individual immigration office as to whether or not the child has to accompany you for a 60 day extension. This is what I am on and do several of these extensions. Frequently they don't care about you bringing your child along with you. Occasionally they do. I do need my daughter's Thai ID card, which has the same address as mine, as well as some kind of proof that she is actually living with me. Documents from school take care of that requirement. 

2 hours ago, Kim Jones said:

I do need my daughter's Thai ID card, which has the same address as mine, as well as some kind of proof that she is actually living with me. Documents from school take care of that requirement. 

Thinking this good advice however the OP child not even currently in Thailand.

The OP needs plan B imo. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Siamesepiggster said:

@DrJack54

I was also thinking of going to immigration to casually ask if they can do anything to help with my 12 month extension given mu circumstances.

Not sure if it's allowed to be discussed here but having done 12 month extensions for more than 10 years based on supporting my Thai daughter, the last 2 years they have told me that my application can't be processed due to some trivial technicality in my documents - but they can process it if I (let's put it this way) - "increase" the application fee. Same person both times and I know that person is still there.

looks like the obvious way to go , just talk to "your man" and negotiate the appropriate application fee. 

On 4/27/2024 at 9:41 AM, Siamesepiggster said:

Do you have evidence of your daughter being overseas?
Obviously the timing is bad and in future you need to bear in mind your daughter should theoretically accompany you.

Interested to know what the 'document' issue is?

Edited by Liquorice