Licence Renewal Question.

My car licence expired September 2023 and my Bike licence is due September 2024. So, if i renew them together ( 1 late and 1 early) they should both expire on September 2029, right?

3 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

My car licence expired September 2023 and my Bike licence is due September 2024. So, if i renew them together ( 1 late and 1 early) they should both expire on September 2029, right?

If you let your car licence expire a day over one year you will have to start again, with I believe a 2 year licence.

Licences run to your birthdate, depending when that is you may get near 6 years on either.

I can't answer you question but I would just caution.  My Thai bike and car licences both expired at the same time in 2022. I'd been unable to renew them as I was not in country and travel had been difficult due to Covid.  I was told as they'd expired, I'll have to take a test again and that it is more involved than it was the first time.  Initial online application ..................................................

You can renew a license up to 3 months before its expiry date and up to 1 year late. You could go in say July or August and renew both at the same time. There'll be a bit of luck involved as to their new expiry years matching. The car one might get an expiry date one year earlier than your motocycle license. But they both will be set to expire on your birthday.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/30/2024 at 5:05 PM, eisfeld said:

You can renew a license up to 3 months before its expiry date and up to 1 year late. You could go in say July or August and renew both at the same time. There'll be a bit of luck involved as to their new expiry years matching. The car one might get an expiry date one year earlier than your motocycle license. But they both will be set to expire on your birthday.

I am quite sure that if both are renewed on the same day, both will expire on the same date.

I renewed both licenses this year, one week after my birthday and both licenses are valid for 6 years (minus one week).

• Agree 1